0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: First Track - Old but...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-May-02  @  03:39 AM     Edit: 14-May-02  |  08:58 PM   -   First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

THIS IS MY BEST TRACK EVER!! IT'S PROGRESSIVE HOUSE!! I DID IT WITH NOTHING BUT AN MC303!!!

YEAH!!!!

(This is a lie, but listen anyway)

I put it under prog house. It probably isn't, but I don't like to label things because people get angry.

Some people like it. Some hate it. I got tired of it, abandoned it and left it to die. Did I make the right decision??

It starts off a bit cheese tastic and then breaks down sorta nicely and then gets ambient and then starts off again, albeit less cheesy.

Anyway, it kind of shows the direction I was headed before good taste kicked in...

Rip it a new one!

It's called dreminofu...

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

sitarsong

Link?: Link

Yea this is a good track. Do I hear the autotune thing going on in the voice..in the word "of"? Heard it sometimes but not everytime. It is a very nice track. Very dreamy. No pun intended there. I could see just getting lost in the music if this was playing in a club. Good work.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Hey Sitar!

Nice of you to drop by and listen AND comment. Your thoughts are appreciated!

Yes, it is kinda Autotuned. It's the Roland Vp9000 doing it's thing. I sampled my wife singing something from 'singing in the rain' (Secretly, when she wasn't expecting it -Heh!) I transposed it an octave or so up and totally changed the timing and messed around with a new melody. It's kind of an obvious effect, because I really stretched it - perhaps way too far.

Thanks for listening!

Message 13/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

k

Link?:  Link

so how old is this track then?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

influx

couldnt say whether it sounds good in comparison to other 4 on the floor stuff..house, whatever...

but the arrangement seems to work well, likin the breakdown. The whole thing clips on my setup tho..dunno why...

seems solid all around. Shop it?

Message 15/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Hey There k...

It's almost two years old. Quite old an oldie!  

It's not really that indicative of what I'm aiming for now (At least the first cheesy half isn't)

influx - Thanks for the comments, useful and encouraging even if it's not your thing.

When you say shop, do you mean submission? It was half-assedly submitted to a label, but the label died a death soon after. Plus, I was really fed up with them messing me about after they made me make 3 different mixes of one of my earlier tracks and then didn't release it. Growl. Kinda puts me off a tad. Don't know if there's a crowd up for this kinda thing nowadays.

Maybe it clips because of some crazy mp3 encoding I did. I uploaded it from work and didn't have many tools at my disposal. It went wav--->128k mp3 then 128k mp3 to wav and then wav--->24k mp3. It's super crunchy and the bass wasn't mixed right.

Thanks for listening guys!- Great comments!  

Message 16/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

influx

there are PLENTY of labels that would take this sort of stuff.

Message 17/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Maybe I should remix and re-submit it to somewhere that does one-offs.

Cheers.

Anybody else?

Message 18/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

frostbyte

ooops, forgot to. was too busy blowing up a compressor with my trusty xbase. you CAN blow these, right ?

Message 19/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

sure you can! Blow em all ya like! They LOVE IT!

My track has perfect example of it...

Bah!

:D

Message 20/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

influx

ok..youre getting a bit out of hand there Boo...people will listen! relax

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum