0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Gin and tonic please

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 21-Apr-02  @  07:47 PM   -   Gin and tonic please

proximus

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi,

I'm new to the board and I'd really like some feedback on my song. It is called Past Times and fits the chillout genre quite well.

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/ram/DT_ACFB301385915.m3u

Sorry for the misleading topic, but enjoying a gin and tonic while listening to this song is not just a bad idea, but also a great suggestion.

Cheers!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/26                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

Link?: Link

What's the point in investing fortunes in gear to make your sounds sound good, or try to improve your recording sills if nobody is gonna hear them in good quality?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/26                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

steve

Link?:  No link

practically everyone is still on dialup so they won`t be able to hear your tracks at all without a lofi feed.

and they won`t bother with a 4+ meg dl either just to find out whether a tracks good or not.

Message 13/26                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

That's a good point

Message 14/26                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

Paullyboy8440

ya thats the thing, i won't stream hi-fi on my 56k because it rebuffers like virtually every 3 seconds. If i want to listen to hi-fi, i would need to download it.

Message 15/26                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

influx

yeah..I didnt meant it 'that' harshly, but the point HERE is to just get..some comments...

of course you want the best version out there representin, but the bottom line is that a good song will sound good no matter what

I had a track up here of an Uberzone song...and it was 28/22 mono just like everyone elses and it sounded very good. amazingly good, which kinda shoved the "oh, its lofi so it doesnt sound good" argument out the door brutally and kicked it in the pants on the way out, then slammed the door.

a good mix with a good encoder will sound fine. sure you lose a bit, but honestly this one sounded quite solid still

so..you CAN get a decent sound in lofi mono. flat out truth

Message 16/26                 Date: 22-Apr-02  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

Thanks man, I guess you're all right. Not everybody has got fast internet lines and the idea is to get comments on your stuff. And I guess I was an ignorant snobb about this sound quality.

Cheers!

Message 17/26                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

influx

nah. just a snob  we dunno if youre ignorant.

Message 18/26                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

hehe.. thanks..

Message 19/26                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

Paullyboy8440

you should rename it the norweign (spelling?) word for "please dial again".

Message 20/26                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

You mean my other song?

Please dial again="Vennligst ring tilbake når du har summetone"

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum