0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Compressor help?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  12:09 PM   -   Compressor help?

Paleface

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Right, I've now got a working studio and have been pumping stuff out. And I've realised that I need a compressor. More than I need a VA, or anything else shiny, I need a compressor, to beef up old drumloops and the powerful drum samples, and generally make the mix a bit nicer.

Problem: very low budget. I've heard good things about the Behringer (you know, the composer pro, £76 from DV), there's a guy nearby selling a Nanocompressor for £60 (but I might haggle down - sadly no mono operation tho), or should I just save for the RNC?

I know it's what I need. I just don't have much budget.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/26                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I'm pretty satisfied with the TC-Electronics TripleC multiband comp., 199 euro's.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/26                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

For the price, you could grab two RNC's, and run each mono individually if you want to run it like that. Why get one, when you can get two. You'll ALWAYS be using them, I assure you.

Ape

Message 13/26                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

you can get a funk logic faceplate that ties 2 RNCs into one rack unit.

here's a link to 2 fmr's and a faceplate for US$380.

Message 14/26                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

milan

haha! merc audio rulez!

and also, there´s your story of humans hearing up to 60khz. see link.

Message 15/26                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Brett B

Are those RNC's that good. I see them mentioned all the time, but have never heard them. Are they similar in sound to anything else I may have heard. Like dbx160?

Message 16/26                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

milan

guess that you wouldnt go for anything which doesnt sound like something else you already heard, eh? ;)

never had a chance to try rnc myself. dbx160 rocks for transparent compression, aye! you can just pile up the gain reduction and not notice anything. wicked.

Message 17/26                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

damballah

yes, they are that good.

no, they're not, everyone's just talking some shit.

Message 18/26                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Pongoid

Damballah,
you got that one right. That face plate is such a hoot. Too damn funny. GOTTA get one along with two more RNC's.

Brett,

let your ears decide. I could talk myself blue, and it says nothing next to hearin the units. Try one. I use them, and I'm a picky bastard. There's not much more I can say beyond that.

Ape

Message 19/26                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Brett B

Well the reason i ask, is because I haven't seen them at the dealers around here but then again i wasn't really looking. I loved the dbx160. I am looking to get some sort of warmer front end for vocals and synths. I am looking at everything under $500. The RNC's are pretty cheap too huh? Definatly try and find a dealer around here and run some stuff through it.

Message 20/26                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

influx

Dont they just sell direct? theyre only $200

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum