0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The Sun Shines For You

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  02:23 AM   -   The Sun Shines For You

sitarsong

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Except a good part of it is rather dark. Go figure. It's drum'n'bass. Let me know what you think folks. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/32                 Date: 05-Mar-02  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitar

Yes. Thanks Influx. I've done it already. Just couldn't get it uploaded last night. Maybe it'll go up tonight. Made the transitions work too. I like it.

K! You said a long time ago that I list d'n'b as one of my genres but never write any. Wait til I get the new mix up, but this is finally a d'n'b track. Woohoo! It's a start anyway.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/32                 Date: 05-Mar-02  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

knowa

wow sitar that's pretty tough. you've got a real chaotic style, frantic. I think I like your stuff best when it's at it's hardest but (insert usual bit about computer speakers here). I remeber digging that 9/11 one too. pretty ill. I ordered earthlink yesterday, so I look forward to downloading (and others) tunes to give them a proper listen at home.

Message 13/32                 Date: 05-Mar-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitar

Thanks Knowa. Yea I like this tune. Might be too frantic. I don't know. But I like it. A better mix of it is waiting patiently for uploading. Congrats on getting earthlink.

And Influx, "damn sitar! feelin pissy?"

Nah. Just starting to get more blood in my veins. Wait til you see what I'm like in 2 months. I'll be totally unbearable  

Message 14/32                 Date: 05-Mar-02  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

milan

Link?: Link

oh no! will we have to endure more pun-ishing then? baad one, i know  

iŽll wait for the better mix of the tune before making a comment, thankyouverymuch.

sitar, the PUNisher. is this better?

Message 15/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitarsong

Link?: Link

It's up and it's better I think. Will have to change one of the kick drums though. Another day. "The Sun Shines For You 2nd mix".

Message 16/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

influx

I listened..and it seems very quiet and...no highs....

not necessarily muddy, just not clear. not the typical lofi MP3 sound either

do you ever look at your mixes on a spectral analyzer? like wavelab or the like?

Message 17/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitar

No I haven't. I wouldn't know what to look for. I burnt it to cd last night for someone at workk to hear and it sounds real good. Bass is kicking and the hats are crisp. I have a lot going on with hats and cymbals in this track....short fast hat rolls and stuff and it's all clear. My cymbals seem to diffuse immensely when I encode to mp3. I'm obviously not doing something right.

What do you think of it as a song though?

Message 18/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

steve

Link?:  No link

sounds as if the bass is taking up a lot of headroom - I dunno how the encoding thing works, but maybe the mp3 encoding process is looping off a load of the tops as the bass is so strong?

Nice track anyway, maybe a little bit too busy in parts although that might be due to not being able to pick out the tops too well. So yeah, pretty good .....apart from the arp ;)

Message 19/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

Frostbyte

I love the bass, I can't relate to the drum much tho', a tad too syncopated weird for my taste. The bass is gorgeous tho'

Message 20/32                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: The Sun Shines For You

sitar

I might thin out the drums some and will definately change out the hard kick for a more hollow d'n'b style kick. Don't know what I was thinking really. The basses are taking up lots of headroom and I was thinking today that I should start my tracks at lower levels so by the time I'm done I'm pulling the mains up rather than down to stay around the red zone. Is that a good idea???

Thanks a lot for the input.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum