0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  12:03 AM   -   Caribbean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Intelligent Techno Caribbean HipHop (or ITCH) that is. Try to dance to the first minute and then try not to dance to the rest. The way I like it. Still having trouble mixing but it's far far better than the last track I put up. Comments welcom.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/28                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

The rebuffering might be the temporary server thing K was talking about. I listened last night after uploading and it was fine on my 56k. Sorry about that though. No XL-1 on this (IN DEFERENCE TO XOXOS). The caribbean riff, if that's what you're talking about is working the velocities on layered organ presets. Thanks for listening. Someday when I get good at this, you'll be hearing some awesome tracks that won't have my imprint on them. :P Sorry about that too.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/28                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

knowa

look at you, bragging about your presets again  IMHO there's a bit too much "shhh" and "ssst" type sounds in the mix with the sizzly, white noise-y hat sounds that come in at 0:20. at 3:58, they drop out for a bar or two and it sounds real good. I would like it better if they dropped out more often or for longer maybe even didn't appear until later in the track as a crescendo. anyway, 2 cents.

Message 13/28                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitarsong

Link?: Link

Thanks Knowa. Don't mess with my presets :P

I guess I like the hats I have in the mix. I think they add something to the slipping in and out of the other drums in the kit. But thanks. I'll listen again with that in mind.

Message 14/28                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

knowa

I should have noted that perhaps the computer speakers I must listen on accentuate the "sshhh" sounds. I think we have pretty different taste in general too, so a grain of salt, with one my comments should be taken. just wanted to comment cuz work is slow this week.

Message 15/28                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

That's ok Knowa. I appreciate the input. My taste is varied. Just trying different things. Next will be a trance track most likely.

Message 16/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Actually my taste is pretty different from Sitar's too but I really like this one. The noisiness of it appeals to me.

Message 17/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

Thanks Marianimal. Like I was saying, I haven't really developed anything like a style yet. Just doing different things. I still rarely use my sampler which would make a big difference in the way I write. Problem is that my time is so tight, if I have to start loading samples and playing with them I'd never get anything done. If I don't start and finish a track on my days off from work it usually goes into the recycle bin the next week.

Message 18/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

Also when I sit down to do a track I don't really think in terms of a genre. Maybe I need to do that. Like I had no thought in mind of writing a hip hop groove when I started this track. It just morphed. A case of the tail wagging the dog I guess. Or monsters of the id if you will  

Message 19/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

Marc_D

Link?:  No link

S'all about priorities... Just gotta squeeze more time with your lovely kit Sitar! No excuses...

I think you should give me your kit NOW.. ;)

You're obviously not getting full VFM from it!!!

Message 20/28                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Caribean Techno Hip Hop

sitar

I still need a few more mastering packages. Then I'll have a reason to finish something :P

Was is VFM???

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum