0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  12:26 AM   -   Listen to my New Track Sound Search

EcstaticHigH

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok, this is my most recent track. K, influx all of you listen and tell me what you think. Have I improved from the last ones. Oh and this is up on DT and it actually sounds halfway decent at 24KB

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/21                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

xoxos

Link?: Link

just to say it, i'm not really into downloading music right now, but if it's like your other tracks, i'm sure i'd like it.

k's giving tips from a dance perspective; i'm coming from more of a chill perspective i guess.. you're totally psychic t.v..

course.. i'm a guy who thought a 20 minute tape of one unchanging sr-16 drum pattern run through massive distortion was too short.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/21                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

knowa

Link?:  Link

yo I can't comment on the mix with my speakers but it is less boring than the earlier ones. but still kinda boring--the whole thing feels like an intro. that bass line is sorta lumbering 2001- style and after that breakdown around 3:00 it comes back. it shouldn't. you should emphasize the root instead of resolving on the seven (if I remember right) which has anticipating quality that gets annoying after a while.

if you're cutting and pasting in a computer sequencer, it's easy to keep copying 16 measures and adding or subtracting one part, and end up with something way too long. you might be doing that. it happens to me all the time.

also, prolly most relevant to this sort of music, if you're listening to the same track for a long time as you make it, your ears become hyper sensetive, and what sounds like gorgeous subtle variation to your ears is imperceptible to others.

there, that's specific.

Message 13/21                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

bedwyr

apart from what's been said already, i think you're drums are too quiet.

and the first half seems like an intro, you have a breakdown, then the second half seems like another intro. i was waiting for it to kick into something. what am i saying? i guess it didn't 'go' anywhere.

nice one for posting it here, keep them coming!

Message 14/21                 Date: 15-Feb-02  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

bedwyr

oh, i just read knowa's post .. so everything i said has been said already.

Message 15/21                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Sloworm

hey nice ideas in there....

just try and make these ideas hit hard...by hitting hard it might take some shortening...which is ok

if you hit someone hard in a short period and give them a nice rush and procure it for a bit and then let off...they will want to play it again...

like start of the song with your synth, a build, the voices, then slam the shit, let off....new synths, then build again, new voices with old and slam everything again.....

wow...with that nice synth you got u can do some damage :-)

good luck

Message 16/21                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

xoxos

these guys are all up their own ass. great track, smart production, loved it.

Message 17/21                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Maarten

For trying to provide constructive critisism? Sorry, or I don't understand your remark or I'm better off just not listening and say all's sweet upfront.

Message 18/21                 Date: 02-Mar-02  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

xoxos

oh dearie dearie me  

Message 19/21                 Date: 02-Mar-02  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

k

Link?:  No link

ok.... i suggest this... at 1:58 there is a break - (after which it goes into an ambient section) - at that point I hear:

1. the drums stop

2. count 8 add a 64th crescendo snare roll rsing from almost silence....
then drop in the SAME riff with the main beat... that's what i hear and am expecting... but after an ambient buildinhg section you dont want to then drop down to even LESS sound & MORE ambience... at that point after nearly 2 minutes of intro I'm ready for the beat...

Message 20/21                 Date: 02-Mar-02  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Frostbyte

Link?:  Link

will try to listen tonite. If I can. I made some invitations for a dinner party and have nothing prepared yet. I'm gonna burn my fingers again. sigh....

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum