0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  02:14 PM   -   Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

K

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

right, due to people adding the WRONG FORMAT files they wouldnt play when we went to judge the contest -

so you have one week to change these files to a file with a proper format capable of being played on pro audio soundcards (22k mono, NOT 11k or some other wierd 'in-between' format)

we've shortlisted a bunch of tracks but we couldnt do it all cos quite a few tracks would not play on the monitor system due to this problem.

you have ONE WEEK - to replace these files with a new proper version - next weekend we will decide the final winners and any tracks not changed & playable by that date will be excluded from the contest.

the format is 22k mono playback.... pro soundcards do NOT playback at 11k or 16k etc...

22K is the ONLY LO FI freq rate supported by pro audio card which is being used for driving the monitor system... 11k only plays on the lo-end soundcard windows audio mapper codec & not via the main audio rack outs connected to the monitoring system.

THAT IS WHY we specifuy 22k mono cos it'll play on ALL MODEMS AND ALL MONITOR SYSTEMS.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

what ?.. even in mono 22k ?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

Link?:  Link

K, I doubt it's my encoder. Probably more the way I'm mixing. Still learning you know. I think things are better since I got Izotope a couple of weeks ago. I won't have time to remix my entries by this weekend. Thanks for the heads up though.

Message 13/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

Yep! the song is huge! (15min)

Mhhh, I think is no problem anyway since I uploaded the track on my mp3.com account and you can get it there too if you like.

I'm working on the encode process to my Dancetech tracks list right now, so it will be 22k mono.

Message 14/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

15 minutes and at the top at all times! keep clickin boy!

Message 15/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

well come ON!!!!!... no-ones going to release a 15 minute mix (well certainly you'll NEED a shorter mix to shop round labels... I could expand the file-size to say, 2mb each track to add some 'headroom' for larger tracks, but 15 minutes!!!!.. chuckle... um...

The only other alternative is to recode the site 'track-add' section so that the TOTAL used size is the only limit for a user... however, THAT will just have people adding hi-quality 128k/bit files no doubt which defeats the object of modem 'for all' streaming ability.

er... remix mate - just do a fresh copy that fade's out at 5 minutes or so -

see the other thing is, persons in a label will make their mind up about a track after 30 seconds !!

Message 16/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  08:35 PM     Edit: 28-Jan-02  |  08:36 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

Link?: Link

Done!

8.15min (1.42mb) 24k 22khz mono.

Message 17/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

k is this your system you're monitoring on? all my tracks are done the same as with 'buttercup,' it's a crazy encoder.. 22, 30, you name it. you can watch the little number thing flicker sometimes when an mp3 off it is playing back.

so if it's your system and you can play one of mine, then you can play any one, i won't worry about it.

Message 18/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Breakerbox

The first 3 tracks on my user page. I cant find the original wave files to re-encode them to your specs tough... If they dont work on your computer/monitor setup, dont bother to listen to them.  
Eddie

Message 19/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

spyro

Xoxos.

I think you encoded using variable bitrate, that's why the number "flicker" (if you mean the number constantly change)

So you should encode using "fixed" bitrate at 24kbps.

Message 20/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

Breakerbox...the comp is for FINISHED tracks, man. not CLIPS 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 50 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum