0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: The best techno KEYBOARD

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 13-Nov-01  @  09:37 PM   -   The best techno KEYBOARD

independant253

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i like to make techno music on my casio WK 1800, but i was wandering in opinion, what is the best keyboard system for doing this?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/21                 Date: 21-Nov-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

303 sounds are fun when you take them and fuck them up a whole lot with fx and inverse evn's and crap. but dry 303's are really getting tired.

and why get a 909 when you can get a xbase or airbase and make tons more sounds in addition to the classic 909 sounds.

or you could just get a sampler.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/21                 Date: 22-Nov-01  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

Brett B

It's all about the mix and fx. any synth will do.Best techno synth is a slaming computer. And I agree with K. The sampler is the most versitle synth. sliced up loops and thin digital sounds with analog bass. My emu can do it all.

Message 13/21                 Date: 26-Nov-01  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

?

...is the keyboard in your mind...the sequencer of your soul...one hundred thousand billion thousand neurons firing--pow! pow! pow!--there's nothing but existence...mind over MIDI...I'm delerious because I just got the Waves Rennaissance Collection band I'm stuck at work. that 24 hour demo of the L1 is sadistic, as if I would ever burn another track without it.

Message 14/21                 Date: 29-Nov-01  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

EcstaticHigH

Get a Virus

Message 15/21                 Date: 03-Dec-01  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

Brett B

was going to get a virus and I used reason. I am hooked. My freind does tracks in it and sends it to me via e-mail. I export it all out and into sonar and add to it with my gear or reason. Unreal how amazing reason is. The filtering of perc,thick bass, and lucious pads. Not to metion the quickest scratch pad and palette for coming up with grooves. Load it on a lap top and take it on trips. We just finished a track using nothing but it. I'll have it up here soon. The network connection to my studio is not up right now. We are remodeling. When I am back on line I'll post it. Reason is amazing!

Message 16/21                 Date: 03-Dec-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

k

yeah REASON rocks!... the think I find is that it sounds like a record so much... there's very little production fx-wise needed to make it all gell right.

Message 17/21                 Date: 04-Dec-01  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

milan

Link?:  Link

and thats also the single Reason why i hate it. it takes NO skills to make phat music with it. oh where are the good olden days bla bla bla...

Message 18/21                 Date: 04-Dec-01  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

Brett B

It takes less mixing and engineering skills, but you have to know how to play and sequence. You think all those big produces do all the engineering? the answer is No! Reason let's you get down to making amazing synth and drum grooves by eliminating the need for external gear and getting it recorded properly. You can just write good tracks and export them to wav files. So many pro producers are using it and other apps like koblo and the protools virus to create, and then importing or using direct connect to mix down in PT24. Or let the protools engineer mix it down while they sit there and tell them what they want. Be relistic, no, no tallent kid is going to crank a top notch track out of reason if they don't understand the art of making songs. Kilo is just stating that by using one program to make all your parts, the sonic footprint allows them to gell together with less eq,fx and compresion etc...then hardware based synths.

Message 19/21                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

k

Link?:  Link

ooooooo!!... er yes something like that.... it's no easier to use than a hardware setup of the same complexity.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/21                 Date: 09-Dec-01  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: The best techno KEYBOARD

Brett B

Also, everthing is so i tune. When I make tracks using my older stuff I have to run it all through auto tuner to round out the bass and synth parts. They all end up a little out of tune. Reason fixes it.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum