0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  02:29 AM   -   Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Ebola.

It's another one of my many faces. I'll have a track up on the FTP in the next 72 hrs.. A small taste of what I can do when I sequence with logic. This is a little sorta broken-beat type ditty. Not for the faint of heart. Enjoy, and please give feedback.

Ape

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

putituphere

Link?: Link

putituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphereputituphere

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

panama

Link?:  No link

sounds great, love the mix! fantastic! where's the ftp link?

Message 13/27                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

dissonance

Ladies and Gents....the track is available for download at the link above....I'm sure most are well versed with the routine...

dissonance

Message 14/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

try that and tell me what you think.

Ape

Message 15/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

panama

from what I heard - about three or four hours
ago... I enojyed. But, I couldn't groove for some
reason - I wasn't familar with your technique. I
tried moving my head, and tried taking a stab
at dancing... but I couldn't get going. I wasn't
under the influence... so my ryhtmic accuracy
wasn't totally accurate... but you gotta say
something for 'not being under the influence'
and 'not grooving'. conciously, the
sub-concious feels the groove (even when
your not feeling the groove)... its like stand up -
cuse you feel the air, or look to the left, cause
yer feeling it.

vinyl I listen too: Nervous records, lots of
Uberzone, BT (remixes), lots of old school
breakbeat ('93 - 95'), old
sasha/oakenfold/digweed (like 94', 95'), and a
bunch of epic trance stuff from the mid 90's.
So this stuff, with my symbolic listening
knowledge, just didn't groove for me... IT's
DECENT tho... but not abstract.

Message 16/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

marianimal

If it's groove you want, I recommend "Finger Hash". This new one is definitely more of a Difficult Listening sort of piece, but by the 3rd play it was telling me a story (a scary story, appropriately). The parts that were annoying the 1st time around turned out to be advancing the plot when I listened again. It's well composed, which is arguably more difficult to do with this kind of non-repeating structure than with an a b a b c c kind of thing.

Message 17/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

Pongoid

Admittedly, it is a bit odd to those not familiar with how it's counted, and where the groove falls. It actually kind of grooves a bit like hip-hop, but doubled up, and maybe a bit of dancehall with more complex rythmic structures added in as embellishments(?). Also, if you were to slow this down a bit, it's really a lot like a jazz piece too. Anyhoos, thanks for taking the time to listen and trying to make sense of it.

Ape

Message 18/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

dissonance

I haven't had the chance to give more than 2 minutes an ear as of yet. Damn cable guy came and told me I had to wallfish the cable to the room with the gear.....but hopefully that'll get done on Thursday....from that point on the Ape's music will be available elsewhere....

dissonance

Message 19/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

influx

Link?:  Link

thats some head stuff you got there pongoid

I didnt even take it as something to dance to necessarily. Picturing panama trying to bob his head this way and that made for a funny morning thats for sure. Its not like the groove of the thing is that far out of reach, tho.

panama..quit listening to Uberzone, man.

Message 20/27                 Date: 30-Oct-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Ebola outbreak!!!!

xoxos

why?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum