0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: my first online track!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:01 PM   -   my first online track!

the knowa (noah)

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey folks, I finally posted a track up here. Please listen and let ne know if you dig it. My music machine is not online, so big ups to DJ Inkognito who posted it for me.

It's a section from a track I did for a film called Brush, which isn't out yet. It's missing the first 3 and last 5 minutes do to file size issue. I was gonna put the full length hi-fi version at mp3.com and advertise here to piss off influx, but I don't like the feel of that site. It remnds of a credit card company. Anyway, enjoy and your comments are appreciated.--noah

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

knowa

Link?:  Link

I have to agree that the track is not wildly original. OK, not even vaguely original   Remember that this is for a film, though, and that the director requested something like the Pi soundtrack. So my intent was to create some music best suited to what I think is gonna be a very good, suspenseful film, and I wasn't to worried about being on the cutting edge of d'n'b or anything. I wish I could have posted the whole track as I believe the extended intro and last 3 minutes add to the originality by being quite a bit more symphonic/thematic than most d'n'b. But I'm just rationalizing here. Point taken--it sounds a hell of a lot like some of the Full Cycle stuff. "Clear Skies" by Bill Riley and "Tronic Funk" by Test were both in my head as I started picked up my bass last month. I spent SO long trying to get my bass part to sound like the super-fat electric bass sound on "Tronic Funk" but I completely failed on that count. Oh well, it's done, and hopefully, I'll be hearing this shit at the Angelika next year.

Sorry to be dumb, kilo, but I'm not sure what you mean. I can link to a track posted on another server here? To be honest, it's not even clear to me where this song is right now. On a server hard drive at your place? As far as I know, we encoded this track at the lowest resolution possible. Feel free to address these questions in a private email if they're really silly. I'm embarassingly naive about most computer stuff. Thanks for the kind words, as well. I'm glad that you don't think I'm "polishing turds"  

I've got a bunch of other, rather different-sounding, tracks to post as soon as I can track down the ever-mysterious DJ Inkognito again. But one of them, man, if you thought this one was derivative...  Thanks again.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

Cool track dude, I can definitely dig it...In fact it makes me want to go write a track with breaks every four bars since that seems to really keep things groovin in this tune

Message 13/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

influx

I must have missed the fact that it was for a film! that changes a lot!

like I said..its well done no matter what

I have energy?

Message 14/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

noah

thanks sensoniq. I really miss the days when d'n'b was called jungle, was not fascinated with techno, and had a lot of breakdowns/fills. Those fills, and the switching to half-time, really exploit the potential of the style, imo. Maybe I'm just going to the wrong places, but I always seem to hear ultra-repetitve, boring music when I check out a d'n'b spot in NY. I'm probably just not hip anymore, though. Whenever I hear Led Zepplin on the radio, I can't believe how dope it is.

thanks influx. I'll get the full track up somehow and you'll be better able to hear the "filminess" of it. your tunes are real tight, and you're a consistently critical cat too, so I really apprectiate your endorsement. And of course you have energy! Haven't you read your own posts about trance music and links to mp3.com?

Allright fellas. The next track I post will feature me singing about how much I love my girlfriend through my virus vocoder. This will dispell the embryonic myth that the knowa is but a mere Roni Size imitator. I can do Jimi Tenor too   --noah

Message 15/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

milan

cant wait to hear...heh heh  

yeah well, i also missed the "made to order" bit, that does change the situation drasticaly as iīve done some unoriginal stuff for the visuals myself, as have many others for that matter. wanna hear my take on Coldcutīs Timber? or some dīnīb with full blown string arrangement over the top?

as long as it pays the bills, its fair game...

Message 16/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

marianimal

Nice wah-wahs, lots of nice touches. Keep on.

marianimal

Message 17/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

influx

noah..youre pretty much spot-on about what "jungle" is nowadays. There was a club in LA called Konkrete Jungle (an offshoot of the well known NY spot) and it was almost ALL the shit that sounded like fucking slayer. I stopped going for that very reason

now, SCIENCE, at the Pink in santa monica...

at its heyday, that place was the SHIT. god I remember going there in about 95 right when I found out what this shit was..and just..leaving that place drenched in sweat, higher than I could ever possibly be off drugs. Days when roker and Jun would spin the most mindbending breaks and bass. before everything went to 185 and straight boom-bap

someone once told me that you flat out know youre getting old when you start talking about the "good ol days" as if the present isnt good enough.

(influx raising his hand tentatively)

oh, and I HAVE ENERGY!!! WOOHOO!!!

Message 18/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

xoxos

that bit about downloading from k was for steve so he can hear the whole track.

somehow my 56k modem is going regularly at 115kbps.. sweetness.. takes 1 1/2 minutes to d/l a dt track  

Message 19/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

steve

I know I can download, but if I downloaded every track here that was encoded at too high a rate then I`d be wasting even more time that I already do on the internet. Would be easier if folk just encoded at a lower rate.

Message 20/22                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: my first online track!

influx

theyre pretty quick downloads actually. even I dont bitch about that

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum