0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 22-Sep-01  @  01:16 AM     Edit: 22-Sep-01  |  01:19 AM   -   Sherman Filterbank- my god!

milan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

JEEZ! I was looking for a verstile distortion/ modulator unit, when i ran across an ad for a Filterbank, right in my neighbourhood. Needless to say, i went and checked it out, and of course couldnt resist it, so i had to get it.

I just spent a couple of hours playing with it, and this thing bloody rocks. Took me an hour to figure out the configuration of the filters and whats what, but now that i know it a bit better i have to say this is one serious sound mangler. The input overdrive is a bit too brutal and fizzy for my liking, but if you overdrive the filter you get some wicked low-end distortion. Put a drum loop thru that fucker and you get an instant bassline to go. More, swich the second filter to BP mode and get some swooshy toobrush effects on the hihats, just ad a new snare and you´re ready to go...

Hell, even if it sounded crap, all the pretty lights would still inspire me to make tracks. Especially the red/green LFO one, which pulsates to show you the lfo frequency and phase. Oh, and did i mention that the bloody thing goes up to 3Khz? Hillarious, i tell ya...

As the guy who sold it to me said: "this thing is a weapon."

And i got the thing from an SSL based studio... apparently the thing was too brutal for them  

i was so excited apparently, that i made a bunch of typos.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/29                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

99devils

Link?: Link

RTek try to get your hands on an Electrix Filter Factory. They're going for $100US NEW over here and sound wikkid.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/29                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

milan

99 mate, that digital shit aint never going to stand up to the power of real analog distortion! and how many modulation inputs does Electrix give you? see what i mean? nah nah nah...

Message 13/29                 Date: 26-Sep-01  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

influx

electrix arent digital I dont think

Message 14/29                 Date: 26-Sep-01  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

99devils

Influx wins yet another cupie doll..

The Filter Factory is good old fashioned analog..

And think about what you're saying.. The Electrix is $100! The Sherman goes for, what $600 new in the states?

Like the people who hear your tunes are going to listen and say, "Fuck this track sucks! That's not a Sherman filter!"  

-Craig

Message 15/29                 Date: 26-Sep-01  @  06:16 PM     Edit: 26-Sep-01  |  06:17 PM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

milan

but of course they are! my public consists solely of anorak-wearing analog fetishists...

do you mean that there are people NOT using sherman?

cheers ;)

Message 16/29                 Date: 26-Sep-01  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

steve

thanks for the heads up craig, but I think I`ve already spent enough. Can`t say I haven`t felt slightly jealous of the electrix deals you`re getting over there tho.

Message 17/29                 Date: 27-Sep-01  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

electropoet

Link?:  No link

I like D-pole better than the electrix.

Message 18/29                 Date: 27-Sep-01  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Waldorf had a cool filter box.. the 4-pole

A bunch of old synth makers, make modular
filter boxes too... EMU, ARP, Moog, etc...

Filter Factory has to be the sweetest deal on
earth... built perfect, sweet grainy knobs... AND
THE bandpass and notch filter are fucking
amazing with the 4-pole mono application. $
100 bucks was a steal!

The filterbank is a rare breed, but I would save
more money for a ARP 2600. But, I can't doubt
the filterbank... I wish I had one

Message 19/29                 Date: 27-Sep-01  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

milan

100 bucks! thats crazy! Filter Factory costs almost as much as a FilterBank here! now you see why i was going on about it...

Message 20/29                 Date: 27-Sep-01  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Sherman Filterbank- my god!

steve

buying a 2600 is one thing, keeping it working is something else altogether.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum