0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: It never stops

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  04:14 AM   -   It never stops

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

How do you know when to stop ...I mean is a track really ever finished ...anyway here is the third edit of Iniquity.....Thanks ya'll for the help and advice.....I actually think this is done now but as usual coments and suggestions are apperciated.......The bass gets lost in the lofi so you'll have to take my word for it there is some serious bass in this version....I dig it
peace to you all
Yonce

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: It never stops

Sensoniq

Link?:  Link

I usually write my tracks 3 - 5 minutes to suit an album rather than a dancefloor which requires longer. The reason being that I havn't yet had the opportunity to have my stuff played on the floor, but peeps have played it on their stereos, in their cars, etc.

Once the verse/chorus has cycled through a few times and I've inverted it to death, then I usually just end it on an extended chorus, either fade-out or abruptly depending on what suits the mood.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/39                 Date: 18-Sep-01  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: It never stops

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

"..access to three VERY nice studios.."

(grumbles) Show off!! ;)

Mix it yerself! You're a dirty lad, stay dirty, keep yer hands dirty.. don't wash!

Marc_D

Message 13/39                 Date: 18-Sep-01  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

gonna test it out. tracked "Darkness" last night so we will see how it sounds. If it doesnt work the way I want it to Ill keep on it myself instead

Message 14/39                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  05:53 AM   -   RE: It never stops

Yonce N Mild

I have no access to any studios.......I don't even have a decent set of monitors...... mixing is a friggen joke for me mastering????? give me a break....damn i wish i had some nice monitors....or even some nice cash to turn into monitors.....fuck it I like it dirty it dosn't have to be squeeky clean to move the masses on the dance floor and thats the whole point init

Message 15/39                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: It never stops

k

yonce - it sounds ok to me - dont you have a job to get a few things like speakers? - it wouldnt take long to save for stuff like that , a few months work, 8 weeks or so...

Message 16/39                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: It never stops

k

what's the lead synth by the way? the EA1 ?... sounds good track, nice sound, nice moves etc.. are you mixing drums on seperate mixer channels?... that'll help alot with the sound... mebbe you just need a small mixer with decent eq and a better pair of speakers?... what's wrong with it anyways?....sounds good to me!

Message 17/39                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: It never stops

Maarten

I feel Yonce's pain, I acknowledged my need for monitors months ago but have a hard time getting my priorities straight.

-M-

Message 18/39                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: It never stops

sensoniq

Yeah if I lived in the dam I think I'd have other priorities
too ;)

Message 19/39                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

studio doesnt necessarily equal squeaky clean. thats not what Im looking for. but I do like the ability to get it to sound that much better, AND take away the pain in the arse of mixing (sometimes its a pain. other times its tight 

no money for monitors? come on. Alesis M1s for $350?

Message 20/39                 Date: 20-Sep-01  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: It never stops

Pongoid

Don't take longer to mix your track than you do to record it, if you do you're overthinking it. Do it, and move on to the next piece. That's it. Do it. Then do another.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum