0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ good idea?? ++

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  03:28 PM   -   ++ good idea?? ++

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

what about adding a 'vote' ability to tracks like on other music sites which links to a chart for viewers vote music-tracks chart ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

milan

Link?:  Link

i´m down for the simple "vote" button. thats how i imagined a fair voting system. big up or dont.

green light here.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  02:47 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

Mage

Link?:  No link

Yeah, good idea!!! And, I understand where you're coming from xoxos, but the better way would be to have the average voted score with tracks that haven't been voted on not listed and, say a minimum number of votes to be listed on the charts... Oh yeah, K, is there enough music posted here regularly to have the charts split up by genre? That way if there is a majority fanship here for one or two genres the others wouldn't be constantly relegated to the bottom of the chart and users looking to download some music closer to their tastes can have things kinda sorted... Just some ideas for your idea, I'm sure you'll get plenty more...

Message 13/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

xoxos

Link?: Link

can you explain why you say it is a better idea to have tracks that have less votes as a consequence of being not listened to not appear on the charts?

insofar as to wonder whether the purpose would be to hold a popularity contest or a method of stimulating listenership? personally, i suggest the latter as being a far more fertile arena. rrar. chaos will predominate make your time.

Message 14/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

er....... yes 'biologycut' i think it was called, that's the one - I'll look and see if I have it still on disk later - if not, i'll need anew copy as mp3 file.

well i can see the system you mean now yes with listens & votes, but that'd require more coding & might be more clunky - let me think about it & see if it's reasonable feasable without making too much bullshit.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

xoxos

an mp3 will sound better than the old .ra encoder. did you get the email where i couldn't find where to change my email addy?

Message 16/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

nope...... oh wait, you cant change it, we have to do that... mail me with the correct mail address & it shall be done.

Message 17/21                 Date: 02-Sep-01  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

Mage

Link?:  No link

OK, xoxos, I see your point, maybe list tracks that haven't been voted on as "no votes" or "not voted on" although if there is minimum vote of say, 1, a listing of 0 would do that...

Message 18/21                 Date: 03-Sep-01  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

anyways it's done - you can vote itr doesnt show how many votes, just counts & ranks 'em in order or by date/time voted if equal - ok it's a bit of fun eh, but like if you search out a tune you like you might want to give it a nudge to make it visible to others to take a listen. - whatever - there it is.

I didnt get to test it with nutscrape anyone tell me what if it's ok?  

actualy there's a real good depth of material added in some styles if you just take a wander thru the tracks listening... mebbe we should cut back on some genre's and make that simpler ??

Message 19/21                 Date: 03-Sep-01  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

just added a mail user to the vote - it should work and send a mail to the track owner if it is voted for.

Message 20/21                 Date: 03-Sep-01  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

xoxos

nuts 4.08 issued a vote for flyin dub at 18:46 your time. popup window, all looked sharp.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum