0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Advice taken

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  11:00 PM   -   Advice taken

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

whats up ya'll i have taken all of your helpful advice and applied it to my track I just updated it and I hope you all will enjoy as usual feedback/constructive critisim is greatly appreciated.......The hats are kinda lost in the lofi and the kick is kinda fuzzy but you'll get the point....peace....Yonce

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

influx

Link?:  Link

D, who says I quit.

OK, now I owe it a listen, too 

ack. that damn 4 on the floor AGAIN?

sorry man...I cant say shit except one thing...303/rez is a little dated. I know youre tryin on your styles for size and shit, but...

for some reason it sounds kinda sloppy. Maybe you might want to quantize a little more tightly

as for the rest, well...I always have to say that I just dont know much about this or related styles to have much of a comment.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

8life8

love what u did with the snare !! talk about takeing it a steep further ... its banging mate .. just banging!! anyone that knows acid will tell u so .. the "links" are great in the track they go in harmony with the style.. the only thing is that in the begining I feel the reso is just a tad bit too much.. start it of more mellow" but the one part where the reso is all the way up and the snare comes back in whhoo wish I was in that club ..ooh did I mention it was banging...

Message 13/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

influx

see? I dont know shit! 8life8 knows ACID 

Message 14/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

8life8

actually influx knows HIS shit! but I think he's on to me with the spelling & the acid and all  

Message 15/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

influx

no one noticed that I quit with the spelling thing 

I mean..look at your last post..chock full of errors and I didnt say anything about any of em!

Message 16/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

for a minute there, I thought this was a BT
track off of IMA... but when the hats came in...
heh heh... no BT there!  

IMO, too much emphasis on the 303 line...
needs more tones. If your doing minimal,
make sure all parts lead to one another.

Message 17/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Advice taken

A

I am a lover of 303 driven acid, and the 303 line is great, grinds along there beautifully with loads of raw energy the way acid should in my view.

But there is just too much of the same thing for me, needs some variations to spice it up IMHO, I was waiting for the break from the main line that never came, even just a brief break before it all flying back in would rest the ripping 303 style line for a bit..

Also, like influx said, there's something that just feels out of time, I found it especially noticable in the intro, the 303 line doesn't gel with the hard quantised kick, it seems to drift out of sync with the drums...

Main thing though is I bet you had shit loads of fun tweaking the filter with that line making the tune and for me that's what this game is about, being creative and having fun even if (as is most often true in my case) the end result never gets heard by anyone else!

My 2p.

A =)

Message 18/20                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Advice taken

monkeyboy

great 303 line mate, i have to say though it seemed a little out with the percussion. i really liked the track, dunno about adding other sounds. it had a good old skool feel to it and i use 8life8's word when i say banging mate, banging. i would be on that floor jumping around like a cat with a banger up its arse to this tune.cheers.

Message 19/20                 Date: 24-Aug-01  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

Yonce N Mild

influx thinks it's dated, monkeyboy thinks it's oldschool.... Is there a difference ?? Thats what i love about music the same thing that one person cant stand some one else likes or loves very seldom are people indifferent to music. Thanks for pointing out that it sounds out of sync Sometimes after listening to the same track over and over you lose perspective. I think I figured out why it sounds slightly out of sync....i used two synths for the acid line my asr-x and my ea1 I used the tempo delay effect on the ea1 and didn't sync the ea1 to midi checking the tempo on the ea1 it's set 5bpm faster than the song tempo that could be it anyway... I agree with A it could use some other sounds or at least a bigger variation i got some stuff in mind I'll keep y'all posted but it will be a while I gotta take a break from this track plus I'm worken all weekend. Thanks for the input again as always greatly appreciated_____Yonce

Message 20/20                 Date: 27-Aug-01  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

PointBeing

the diff between dated and oldschool is one sounds tired, the other sounds like an innovative homage to a tried and true style (and personal taste.. heheh)

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum