0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: new sector movement(broken beats)

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-Jul-01  @  08:34 PM   -   new sector movement(broken beats)

ging

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

any one programming "broken beats" alar .new sector movement,afronault.type stuff.i dont have the luxury of sampling the beats or slowing um down (and counting)so any tips midi files ,patterns ect is much appricated.ging

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/24                 Date: 24-Jul-01  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

BJT

Link?:  No link

I got to listen to "new sector movement" by sun, is it only out on 12"?
Is their a compilation, anyway, good groove.

K this 5/5/2 stuff, is this odd note groupings?
ie 5 notes played in the space of 4 sixteenth notes (one beat)
then another 5 notes the same, then 2 notes played in the
space of 4 sixteenths?
(Is this a 3/4 bar because 5+5+2=12).

OR

do you mean put the accent on the first sixteenth, count 4 sixteenths,
put the accent on the next sixteenth, count 4 again, put an accent,
count 1, start again?

I think it's the former, but for clarification..cheers,

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/24                 Date: 24-Jul-01  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

k

Link?: Link

count 5 sixteenths, then 5 more, then 2 which = 3 bars of 4... it's hard to describe, it's just what i hear when i listen to it. it's not 5 time tho - working in 5 time is quite a good excercise actualy & working in 7 time.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/24                 Date: 24-Jul-01  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

Guards of Magog

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Is like this maybe something you're speaking of. Although this is using triplets to count the 5/5/2 and fit the 4/4 time. We can't put triplets in the little grid boxes, so that is why we screen shot this rhythm. The C1 is the kick, E is snare and F# hihat. The redder is something more velocity it has, bluer is less.

Message 14/24                 Date: 24-Jul-01  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

Guards of Magog

File?:  File

552_loop.mid

And here is a midi file of what that picture is.

Farewell.

GoM

Message 15/24                 Date: 24-Jul-01  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

k

hurrah!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/24                 Date: 10-Aug-01  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

noah

Link?:  No link

people interested in unusual funky drumming should definitely check out Tony Williams' drumming on Miles Davis' "Filles de Kilimanjaro." I believe that's misspelled. One of the best albums ever, and the opening cut is monsterously funky, albeit it a more subtle way than most electronic stuff.--noah

Message 17/24                 Date: 11-Aug-01  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

Pongoid

Broken beatz? Y'all got no clue. Check out New Skin. or check out.

http://www.c8.com

Message 18/24                 Date: 12-Aug-01  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

k

yeah...... i've a few days to kill fucking around on the web playing with flash crap animations with no clue as yto wether there's anything to listen to at the end of it all - ha ha.. NOT!

Message 19/24                 Date: 27-Oct-01  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

k

bump

Message 20/24                 Date: 27-Oct-01  @  01:35 AM     Edit: 27-Oct-01  |  01:37 AM   -   RE: new sector movement(broken beats)

k

there's some recent nice similar music.. good album in that genre.. 'Nu Yorikan Soul'

oh!, the basic kik, snare, hat samples from that track are in the samples/files section

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum