0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 10-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi there,

I am planning to buy a digital mixer for mixing synths, drums and samples. The digital inputs are not important for me. I can buy a used 03d for the same price as a new 01v.

I've heard that the fx is better on the 01v. And i know you can connect a mouse to the 03d for more ease in use. Does someone know the main differences between the 01v and the 03d?

Many thanks for any reply,

Grts, johan

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/45                 Date: 13-May-01  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

influx

Link?:  Link

I just dont get it. how can you possibly have that many sounds going? I mean..my drums take up...maybe 4 channels. bass sounds one or two....that still leaves me room for FX returns and filler sounds...

how how how?!?!!?! 

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/45                 Date: 14-May-01  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

Let's see, the Tr909 uses one for the kick, one for the snare, one for the clap, one for the hihats, one for the crash and even tho I could use more I get the rest of the sounds from it through the master out. That's 6 ins just for the Tr909. And I have other drum machines, too.

What makes this a good solution is that I can have individual dynamics and eq settings on each percussion instrument. Without rewiring and/or soloing. (That's what I meant - I'm lazy.)

Message 13/45                 Date: 14-May-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

Link?: Link

Patchbays are cheaper than 01Vs.

I've slimmed my studio down to the point where I don't need the patchbay anymore (for now)

-Craig

Message 14/45                 Date: 15-May-01  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

I rest my case.

Message 15/45                 Date: 16-May-01  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I got an extra discount on the 01v and bought it.
So i rest my case.

grts, johan

Message 16/45                 Date: 16-May-01  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

Wise decision, young Jedi   The 01V Rawks!

Message 17/45                 Date: 17-May-01  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

fink

"Patchbays are cheaper than 01Vs".

what does this mean???

i have a patchbay and now need another. i also need a new mixer and was looking at the 01v.

my problem is although you can remember settings on the mixer, patchbay routings are not remembered.

am i missing something???

Message 18/45                 Date: 17-May-01  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

fink,

He probably meant that one 01v and a couple of patchbays are cheaper than two 01vs. It's a matter of cost vs convenience.

Message 19/45                 Date: 17-May-01  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

That's exactly what I mean. Using a patchbay is way cheaper than running 2 01Vs, but it's your money so be my guest   I just have to chuckle when I see people who think they have to spend ludicrous amounts of money on a mega-channel board when they really only mix 10 tracks at a time  

-Craig

Message 20/45                 Date: 17-May-01  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

fink

ok, yeah that's cleared up that. i agree. if the 01v can have 24 analogue inputs i am being swayed.

this has been the most excruciating amount of decision making and the time taken deiciding for any piece of equipment..ever.

analogue or digital, number of inputs, etc. round and round i go.

soon my prettys....soon...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum