0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: producing breakbeats: how?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 27-Feb-00  @  08:15 AM   -   producing breakbeats: how?

jwa

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

All of you must get this question every week or so...and I'm sorry to be another person asking agian... but how do you go about making breakbeats.

Ok, so I just got myself a A3000 and I've got cubase running. I've found myself some hits, etc... but how do you go about making a nice rolling old school jungle beat.

Any input would be great. Do you know any sites that go through the process?

thanks

Cal

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/24                 Date: 07-Mar-00  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

Rhea

Link?: Link

As R-Tek said, you should start messing around with loops. For example, you can sample an old Hip Hop loop, cut it up into sections, pitch it up/down, timestretch it, etc., spread it across your board and have fun with it.

Hang in there, it will all come to you!

Cheers,

Rhea

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/24                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

R-Tek

Yeah, best not 2 bother with individual hits 2 start with if u wanna do old-skool jungle.

Message 13/24                 Date: 10-Mar-00  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

goldbug2000

HI
maybe adding a delay to the snare track or off beat or down beats acn groove a track ...esp in breakbeat grooves.
try !!

ciao

Message 14/24                 Date: 12-Mar-00  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

bram bos (bram

Try it with The Tuareg. It's a virtual phrase sampler that lets you create breakbeats very easily. You can use the built-in sounds, or load up your own. Tuareg does all the hard work for you. It's freeware, by the
same guy who also made HammerHead...
download it here: http://www.brambos.com

Message 15/24                 Date: 14-Mar-00  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

jojo the dog faced boy

i love it
"by the same guy who also made
HammerHead...", yet he puts his name on it.

I love it .

Nice work bram dude.
Incidentally, you and that tehchno toys program seq 303 are the very things that got me doing this money wasting time consuming , yet fun adventure of sound
THanks a bunch again

Message 16/24                 Date: 27-Mar-00  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

cutoff_freq

why are people constantly discouraging the production of jungle/dnb beats from scratch? chopping up other people's beats is kinda limiting, i find... and i feel cheap about it. granted it takes abit of skill to create your own, but it CAN be done. if you need samples, try my website, got lotsa drums there.

Message 17/24                 Date: 27-Mar-00  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

raph

drum&bass is heavily programmed - and I think not overly discouraged, unless resricted to non-variable 2step (although this still sounds phat in most tracks).

Can't say that jungle is ever something that was meant to have programmed beats at the core.

raph

Message 18/24                 Date: 27-Mar-00  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

chris

MUSIC- subject to change without notice.

Message 19/24                 Date: 28-Mar-00  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

change

the nature of everything is to be unable to remain the same. better or worse, left or right, change is a constant. embrace it. try & avoid it yer fucked. change is good. beats are good too (both opinion).

Message 20/24                 Date: 01-Apr-00  @  06:02 AM   -   RE: producing breakbeats: how?

raph

subject to change yeah! With out notice?

Stop labelling and start making, some things have a small window of existence, but are the first steps in progession to other things - let us hear the other things, and the changes within them, rather than constantly recreating each genre whenver you feel like it.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum