0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 19-Feb-00  @  05:43 PM   -   afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

tjader

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

can anyone give us some afro beat patterns(goodons) thanks ging

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

It's still didn't get trought, maybe the file is too big. If not, can't you upload it here?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

tjader

fela beat

Message 13/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

tjader

files to big the track is roforofo fight (fela) dont no if you no it..if not would you do us some conga patterns..thanks ging

Message 14/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  04:22 PM   -   flaflaflaflaflaflaFalFalFalBalBalBaalBaalBaal

nobody

Link?: Link

i like some of those grooveTemps. yeah, give us some more  

Message 15/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

It's too bad, I would have liked to hear that groove you tried to send. I think hotmail doesn't like messages that are more than 1 meg. I could give you my real e-mail but I'll get spammed for sure.

Anyway here's a guaguanco, pronouced "gwawanko", I'll only give you the basic conga melody cuz it might be a little intricate to write the rhythms on this virtual noiseless drumbox :-).

It's a cuban rythm that grooves a lot. I'm sure you could apply it to any form of music.

In the real style, the music can be played 2 ways that is dictated by the clave "key". One is the 2/3 clave which goes like this:

x x x x x

and the other is the 3/2:

x x x x x

The measure is reversed. Play it and try to feel the 2 ways you can play the rhythm.

You can hear the music in 2 different perpectives.

All forms of cuban music relies on that key (played usually with wooden stick).

This the basic conga rythm:

Message 16/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Here's the drumset version (can be played different ways). It only mimicks the traditional percussion parts.

Message 17/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Here's a funkier version on drum set.

Remember: snrghost is snare drum played at low volume.
(ghost notes).

Play it with a straight feeling or with a swing feeling (slower tempos)

Message 18/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Here's funky groove with a jazz ride pattern.

Play this with a swing/loose feeling. Think "jazz".

Message 19/25                 Date: 06-Mar-00  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

paradiddle16

Here's a drum groove using real drums. (an old take I did directly on the pc awhile ago.)

Message 20/25                 Date: 08-Mar-00  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: afro beat (fela kuti is..god)

tjader

its not easy sending the files is it parrapiddle.thanks 4 the extra patterns though.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum