0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: what scale is this?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 05-Apr-00  @  11:46 PM   -   what scale is this?

kid dik

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I know nothing of scales or notes even. As much as I read, it passes over me every time. Help a bone head out, won't cha?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/46                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

k

well so I made a typo.. sorry.. i meant F# obviously which if you start on the 'E' below like I said, to be a minor scale it has to be an F fucking sharp surely you could see it was a typo??...

well the best guess i came up with was E minor harmonic if started on the E below the F#... maybe it's wrong.. maybe i forgot and got mixed up what a 'harmonic' minor was.....Jesus-H, I posted that at 4am.... it was as i said 'A GUESS'...

perhaps seeing as you are so knowledgable you might extend your incredible intellect to actually help the guy out 'harmony' - (LIKE it is even a relevent question that in any way is going to be helpful)

anyways.. show me any written system that can transcribe one of my basslines or guitar solo's so another person can play it the same and I'll come round and give you a fucking blow job !..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/46                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

damballah

Link?:  Link

Yeah, for some reason this forum doesn't generate the break or paragraph tags the other ones do.

K?

Harmony: I don't know that I'd try to draw any conclusions about the state of anything from a couple of posts in an internet forum. Kid Dik stated outright he knew nothing and was a bonehead.

Message 13/46                 Date: 10-Apr-00  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

dobbo

I love your attitude K - Who's the daddy!!
Ha!Ha!Ha!

Message 14/46                 Date: 10-Apr-00  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

Harmony

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, bwwwwwoy, can u lads get deffensive...

So if u want it 2 be explained on that level, I will but then fuck u all if u then get all agro 4 me teachin u like kiddies-ok?

Basicaly, if u look at the notes amd listen in your head 2 what they sound like (K, this would b a lot easyer if u sorted it so part of the black notes on the keyboard image could go orange 2).
Otherwise, go 2 yer keyboard & play'em. Now dont tel me these notes arent drawing u somewhere???? C'mon, please try it & tel me where the gravitational point is. I use this terminology coz there is literaly a gravitational pull that u must hear if u say u can riff 4 hours-where do these notes lead?

...u will kick yerself when u hear it, it is simple as fuck....

....oh, & K, the system u're after 4 notatin yer solos happens 2 be the Western Notating system we're all on about, it's not a secret neither. As 4 the blow job....

....who says I got a nob?

Message 15/46                 Date: 10-Apr-00  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

damballah

Link?:  Link

O I git it, u r rippin on Kilo.

Given that it's a modified scale, it's kinda how an individual hears it. K's could be right for K.

I hear it as a Bb augmented (i.e. sharp 5 but you knew that). Gm with a M7 would work (same ting). Again, that's the way I hear the "pull," but you know I'm full of shit.  

Anyhow, this stuff's supposed to be an art, not some macho contest.

Message 16/46                 Date: 11-Apr-00  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

kid dik

kid dik never hides the fact that he is slow, so:

Who mentioned a blow job?

Also, kid dik would like to point out, that every "musician" he's come into contact with that was a real notehead had NOTHING to contribute to music, or musical evolution.

No offense to you noteheads out there who arn't classist imperialistic dicks.

Message 17/46                 Date: 11-Apr-00  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

kid dik

oh and fannie, I've still got a crush on you!

Message 18/46                 Date: 11-Apr-00  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

arska

yeah, traditionally concidered it gravitationally pulls
to g minor harmonic system; if u take every other note, it generates chords cm(7) D7 & gm... i don't recall which was harmonic, which melodic minor. My ears gravitationally pull towards scales where there
is 1) perfect fifth
2) flatted sevenths

because dominant sevenths resolving to tonic sound
cheesy in electronic/dance music context.

there is not just one possible scale here, like damb
allah said. For instance, try open fifths with
left hand, usin D as a "root" then throwin some
c and Eb in the mix while playin melodies with rh...
sounds either flamenco or vaguely oriental

u harmony guy, did u pick up the expression "gravita-
tional pull" from Adorno....?

Message 19/46                 Date: 11-Apr-00  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: what scale is this?

arska

yeah, traditionally concidered it gravitationally pulls
to g minor harmonic system; if u take every other note, it generates chords cm(7) D7 & gm... i don't recall which was harmonic, which melodic minor. My ears gravitationally pull towards scales where there
is 1) perfect fifth
2) flatted sevenths

because dominant sevenths resolving to tonic sound
cheesy in electronic/dance music context.

there is not just one possible scale here, like damb
allah said. For instance, try open fifths with
left hand, usin D as a "root" then throwin some
c and Eb in the mix while playin melodies with rh...
sounds either flamenco or vaguely oriental

u harmony guy, did u pick up the expression "gravita-
tional pull" from Adorno....?

sorry if this comes second time

Message 20/46                 Date: 11-Apr-00  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: what scale is this?

k

yeah yeah.. wank wank wank, blah blah blah, bullshit bullshit bullshit...... cut the bullcrap 'Harmony' ... whats your fucking answer TO HIS QUESTION... - he asked what scale it is.. remember??????

we all know it can 'gravitate' to various things, we all know about HEARING things and playing it by ear.. but that aint what he asked now is it !!!... So, put up or shut up... by posting what you did, you are implying to newbies reading this that the stuff i posted about keys is incorrect.. if it is wrong- correct it with your 'knowledge'.. if it isnt, shut the fuck up and piss off and arrange a woodwind quartet score or some such useless meaningless crap....

Kid dik, you are sooooooo right about these 'note-heads' - and the sad fact is... when they make music it is always tired lame repetition of what they have been 'conditioned' with at school... makes me fucking laff... line up 20 people at an audition and you can spot the college trained people a mile off... they are the boring ones playing stuff that sends you instantly to sleep... drummers perhaps being the sole exception to this rule as long as they have that rare quality so lacking in 'college' musicians... FEEL...

the rest??.. fit for circus bands or radio & theatre orchestra's or making 'elevator music' tapes ... thats about it... god i shudder when i hear the words - 'session musician' - that is why they hate the industry so much, like that film Amadeus, they cant understand how it is that what they see as un-educated idiots shine with a light they will NEVER EVER HAVE, no matter how much they read or study... (hint)

"DONT THINK... FEEEEEWL".. (Bruce Lee) - :-)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 46 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum