0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  04:20 PM   -   Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

fink angel

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

hi, this question must have been asked a gazillion times but i'm ready here and now.

i'd been eyeing a mackie 1604 vlz pro as my next logical upgrade. the sound quality is quite superb and far excels what i have now (studiomaster 16:2).

in the meantime however, i've noticed that alot of people here have digital mixers. i've always been told (mackie seminar) that analogue has a warmer sound.

now the newer generation is about i wondered what's new. hi-price digital mixers are now more affordable so should i indulge.

i'm not in a position to audition every mixer available (no stores nearby) but a recommendation would be good.

i have an akai s5000, supernova, vintage keys, R8, JX10 and effects units. i need inputs more than anything but cost is a factor.

whats the pros and cons?

thanx for unbiased advice

ciao

fink

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/27                 Date: 28-Oct-00  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

influx

Link?:  Link

just got my O1v. damn. just reading about it i get all excited. what a fuckin geek.

well...gettin the 8 analog card tomorrow and its ONCE AGAIN a studio re-do. last time tho. for suRE.

hell yeah this thing looks powerful!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/27                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

fink angel

how many analogue inputs do you get standard on the 01v and how much for extra??

Message 13/27                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

gb

There are 16 'normal' analog inputs.

There is only room for one expansion board, so if you want digital I/O don't order the analog input expansion board.

Message 14/27                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

Jasper

Fuck!

Influx - do you shit cash or something?

Message 15/27                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

influx

no way man. low overhead. dont drink that much anymore. no drug habits. no girlfriend. great driving record so insurance is cheap. minor credit bills.

as for the Inputs on the O1v. 16, but 12 mono 2 stereo.

8 in analog card is about $220 or so?

And..uh..."if you want digital IO"???? uh..its GOT spdif IO. if you want ADAT IO you need the adat card and yeah, it only takes one card, so

Message 16/27                 Date: 31-Oct-00  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

gb

Yeah, influx, that's what I meant.

I bought the adat expansion to connect the 01v to my computer for multitrack recording and playback.

I'll use the spdif in to hook up the K2000RS if possible.

Message 17/27                 Date: 31-Oct-00  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

influx

just didnt want homey to get confused 

oh, and jasper..SURE I SHIT CASH. want some? smells funny tho

Message 18/27                 Date: 31-Oct-00  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

fink angel

if you want to record fader movements manually in realtime, not via midi through the sequencer, am i right in thinking this machine can't do it.

was the promix 1 able to do this??

if the 01v can't do this, what can - only high end machines??

Message 19/27                 Date: 31-Oct-00  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

gb

I don't think it's possible to record fader movements in realtime.

However, it is possible to set a fade time (up to 25 seconds) to fade from one scene to another. This fade probably includes gradually moving faders towards the new scene's fader positions.

Message 20/27                 Date: 31-Oct-00  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Upgrade to Digital Mixer or stay Analogue?

gb

"...record fader movements in realtime"
should be
"record fader movements in realtime without an external sequencer"

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum