0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 09-Jul-00  @  04:40 PM   -   Digital mixers with FX and compression

mark

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm in the market for a digi mixer. I need 8 channels but what if i buy more equpitment? (massive dilema)

The mixer needs to have built compressors on each channel and preffrebly FX as well, am i being unreasonable to ask for this? how much am i expecting to pay for a decent one? whats the meaning of life?

MAN I'M CONFUSED, somebody help

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/23                 Date: 31-Aug-00  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

chris

Link?: Link

Yeah very nice results with the 3030 - shame though that Roland aren't selling the 'digital I/O' as an add-on. It's theoretically possible (I talked to Roland), since the 'D' version is identical to the base unit, with an add-on card.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/23                 Date: 26-Sep-00  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

influx

Link?:  Link

so chris..using external FX...do you just use the 4 assignable outs as sends and come back into channels? Hows that workin for ya?

I am 99.9% ready to go to the 01v. many reasons. compressors on all channels. 2 FX processors (I can get rid of a couple FX boxes)...but the main thing is the mix recall. right now Im working on ONE song, but had some ideas for another..

I know..lazy..but FUCK writing all that shit down and coming back to it...Id rather just call up the mix in memory and voila!!!

just gotta find one now. need the 8 extra ins..figger theyd be good for aux returns.

Message 13/23                 Date: 27-Sep-00  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

formant

yeah, good decision...

the o1v definately makes you spoiled and lazy but i love mine...

you will need some kind of expander for it, 16 just aint enough

jamey

Message 14/23                 Date: 29-Sep-00  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

johnny

influx;

I do use the four omni outputs as aux sends, returning the FX units via a little Behringer mixer (MX802A) into one of the stereo inputs. The noise gate on the stereo input is great, when you have 4 FX units in quiescent mode the hiss can get up a bit, so the gate keeps it in check.

If you don't want to buy a separate submixer, the 8 extra inputs for the 01v(on MY8AD) would be good for aux returns, as they are lacking in features compared to channels 1-16, like:

1) Only 2 band EQ (still parametric though)

2) Only access to aux sends 1 and 2, but you're not likely to want to use too many aux sends on aux return channels.

3) No access to fader/mute groups.

4) No stereo link facility for adjacent channels. You'd think this would be useful for stereo returns, but just set the pans to hard left and right and move two faders as one. The stereo link is most useful on samplers with multiple outputs configurable as stereo pairs or single mono.

4) And no dynamics either. Gates would be nice though.

If you did go for the 01v (and I strongly recommend it), think about getting the 8 analogue input card and/or (depending on how much gear you've got) a cheap submixer for the set-and-forget inputs like FX returns. The flexibility it gives you is amazing.

Message 15/23                 Date: 30-Sep-00  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

influx

I think Id be set with the 8 extra ins. really bummed on the no inserts thing..would have liked to use a tube processor on the mains..but...can be worked around.

thanks much for the info. now to find one at NON ridiculous prices.

Message 16/23                 Date: 17-Oct-00  @  06:18 AM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

sera34_2000

I'M VERY INTRESTING, NEW DIGITAL STUDIO
YMAHA AW- 4416, IT'S GOOD FOR DANCE MIX

Message 17/23                 Date: 18-Oct-00  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

influx

yeah. good for dance mix!

Message 18/23                 Date: 19-Oct-00  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

GT_vibes

If it means anything, our studio is looking into buying another O1v. The quality/money ratio is suberb.

$1349 USD - www.8thstreet.com Email me if you want a deal with the manager there.

GT

Message 19/23                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

influx

good price for new! got it for a grand tho..in an SKB popup case;)

Message 20/23                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Digital mixers with FX and compressoin

99devils

Influx, can you grab the model number off that SKB for me. When I start giging again I'm going to need a rack case.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum