0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jan-03  @  09:47 AM   -   Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Easyeverything, the chain of internet cafes, was found guilty of internet piracy after allowing customers to copy music onto CD's. They were found guilty of copyright infringements by letting customers download music and burn off their CD's.

Sony, Universal and EMI are seeking £1 million in damages. Inverstigators found that hundreds of tracks had been downloaded without permission of artists or record companies.

I mean, copying music over the net is no different to videotaping a programme to watch later which is legal, isn't it?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/19                 Date: 01-Feb-03  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

milan

Link?: Link

haha lol! great... keep it up guys.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/19                 Date: 01-Feb-03  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

R.A.T.

My favorite was the guy who travelled to Columbia and bought 15 very very high quality cigars for $1000 each.

When he got them home he insured them with an insurance company, only to make a claim a few months later saying they had all perished in '15 small fires'.

The insurance company paid up, only to counter sue the guy with 15 counts of destruntion on property by arson.

He is currently serving 4-6 years in a state penitentiary.

Nice.

Message 13/19                 Date: 01-Feb-03  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

Steve Roughley

Oh dear  

Steve.

Message 14/19                 Date: 01-Feb-03  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

Breakerbox

may be i shou;d stop my immigration process to US.  

Message 15/19                 Date: 10-Feb-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

tr

not.
The "Stella Awards" is a hoax.

Message 16/19                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

psylichon

you're saying they're not real lawsuits? explain.

Message 17/19                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

k

Link?:  Link

I heard that the in the USA, theya re running the sucessful 'Pop-Stars' format show, only to be sued by a woman for 'ageism' cos you must be under 25 to compete - is that true?... i can beleive it is

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/19                 Date: 11-Feb-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

psylichon

It is true. and so is the fact that the Dell dude got arrested for buying pot.

Does anyone else find that extremely funny and sad at the same time???

Message 19/19                 Date: 12-Feb-03  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: Net Cafe Battle Over CD Copying

cheddar

Link?:  Link

both Psy.

Sad for the usual reasons

The happy is because i figured all of these shakey social constraint rules they keep pouring on are to do with limiting Joe Ordinary but allowing Jonny Rightstuff cos he has got lots of ca$h

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum