0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Breakbeat from Manhattan

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-May-02  @  12:53 AM   -   Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitarsong

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

New track up called Manhattan Chill. My first descent breakbeat track...I think   It's tough being me.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

GT

Link?:  No link

lol!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

damballah

Link?: Link

IFOWOIO!

Message 13/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

dissonance

Sitar...

pretty hot man. Diggin your break stylie. Now I see why the Ape doesn't want to put any of his stuff up here. I really would like to listen to this at the bitrate that it was intended to be heard at.

Nice sounds. I really enjoy the new pattern you drop at about 4 minutes in. Some of the sounds seem a tad overbearing at that point though. But those drums make it all worth it bro.

Nice track

dissonance

Message 14/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

bedwyr

i'm a happy voter.

Message 15/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

queasy00

hey...

i thought it was pretty wicked... the production seemed to come out really well...

i like the atmospheric sounds...

anyway, i thought it was missing like.. maybe something that's lead-like on the high end... i mean you have a wicked bass backing it (like, the bass never changes).. and i think it would make it really dynamic and interesting to hear a lead at first (i figure most people notice the lead instruments first  ), and then notice "oh wicked.. scope out those breaks!"... anyway, just a thought.

but i liked it
-j

Message 16/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitar

Thanks all!

Dissonance, nice to see you comin around more again. I'm not up to Apes level by any means. The lo-fi is ok for me.

Queasy00, I'm gonna pull that bass out for a while in it like Influx suggested. A lead would be a good idea. I'll see if I can make something work in there leadwise.

Bedwyr, thanks. A vote for me is a vote for lower property taxes, rent freezes, and cleaner streets. Oh. Wrong website. :P

Damballah, I'll take that as a compliment until told otherwise.

And lastly GT, glad the track makes you laugh  

Message 17/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

damballah

yep

Message 18/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

dissonance

Sitar...please don't get the wrong idea....the track was tight....it's just that lo-fi shit that gets me

dissonance

Message 19/19                 Date: 21-May-02  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat from Manhattan

sitarsong

I totally understand what you're saying Dissonance. Wasn't bothered by what you said at all. On the contrary, happy you liked it. Ape's been doing great tracks and live stuff for a while. I'd be silly to think I could be near that level. I want to listen to your stuff when I get a moment. Hopefully we'll all hook up again soon.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum