0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  10:31 AM     Edit: 21-Feb-02  |  10:33 AM   -   Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

dARKSTATe

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi folx

Well after some time, Darkstate is back with some new material... this time its dark'n'funky drum'n'bass!!!

This one'll be on our new project but we liked it enough to get it out early in order to get some feedback...

"One Clean Break" Feat. Suzie Clarke

Our new bass player Stu on funky double bass...

Any thoughts and comments please??

Thanks in advance...

Marc_D

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

sitar

Nice track Marc. I like vocal DnB too. I just have 1 cd with some vocal DnB. Might've been DJ Krush but I'm not sure. It missed somewhere for me but I liked it still. I like this track more. I like her voice ya bastard. Great voice really. Which one is she? Didn't you mention a 14 year old girl contacting you? I was thinking that if she wants to sing, you shouldn't discourage her. She might have lots of talent. Maybe just have another one or two of your female vocalists there in the studio so she's not too intimidated. Your call of course. I just imagine what it's like get the courage to try and have a go with someone who's music you admire and then get turned away from even showing what you can do. Just a thought.

Anyways, this is a real nice track. Very nice to listen too. The kick really slams down nicely. The pad that starts out in the beginning sounds like a jv pad, but could come from lots of sources I imagine. The track continues on longer yes? She cuts out abruptly there. I'm listening for the 3rd time and the pad doesn't sound so much like it came from a jv I guess. Just curious. I love the bassline. Sounds almost acoustic but nicely detuned.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  09:41 AM     Edit: 01-Mar-02  |  09:44 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Heh! "sounds almost acoustic"... that's cos it IS ya scamp!!   Electric double bass played in by our new guy Stu..

Strings come from the uQ.. with a bit of additional post processing via the VST mix..

Yeah, I think I had to truncate the track to get it into the DT running time.... I'll prolly feed ya a hi-fi version on CD if you like???  

Susie Clarke is the singer... she's new (she's GORGEOUS) and she's done one other track with us that you might like.. its called "GLASS" and its on our website (I'll be posting it here shortly too)

I'll have a think about the young girl.. but its a dicey issue that could cause more problems than it solves... and we are quite well stocked for vocalists right now..  

Message 13/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

sitar

"(she's GORGEOUS)" Rub it in ya bum. Real bassplayer? Novel idea. Don't ask him to change a lightbulb :P

Well the young singer. I understand what you're saying. Just thought that encouraging a younger person might be a big thing for her even if you have no place for her in your musical plans. Still, dicey it could be.

Message 14/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

dARKSTATe

Not rubbing *anything* in mate.... ;)

Just making a typically male observation, and yes, she's very cute, can sing and has a good working attitude... excellente!

Stu's been dropping some phat bass on quite a few of our new tracks - I guess that's what's giving our stuff a bit of an "EZ Rollers" type vibe (which is quite a nice comparison ta very much!)

Marc_D

Message 15/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

steve

Link?:  No link

yeah, voted for this one when you 1st posted. Nice, she sounds a bit like Tracey from EBTG.

Message 16/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

sitar

Oops. Just voted for your track. Forgot to do that.

Message 17/19                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

milan

Marc, i play out couple a times per month on a regular basis, and iŽd be glad to give your tune some exposure. not like its gonna make a huge difference globaly, but still...   so yeah, if you can get dubs sorted iŽd be well into that.

btw, check out the dj mixes on my page for some smoove vocal dnb, if you like that style. (plug ends here)

cheers, M.

Message 18/19                 Date: 02-Mar-02  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

xoxos

what's with voting, lately? i keep voting for tracks that have got several positive replies and the thingy says "no votes." did you all give up because of the bias?

Message 19/19                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

dARKSTATe

I've been getting in a few votes into my mailbox (thanks all!)

Marc_D

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum