0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: What digital 24/96 are there?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  08:04 PM   -   What digital 24/96 are there?

Stvy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a second 01v however with all the fuss for 24/96 I was wondering whats out there? I'm not amzingly intereseted in doing stuff at 96KHz but I can really tell the difference between the 01v's 18bit A/D's and some 24bit ones. So 24bit is a must.

Yamaha have the new DM2000 coming out but Iheard that was gonna US$20,000 or so. I was thinking of something like the 02r about £2-2.5k ish with about 24 tracks of digital in/out to a PC (possibly mLan if that ever gets going) as the 01v's mic-preamps and 18bit A/d's are crap and its effecting my guitar tone I'm sure. When i compare to a true 24bit setup.

Also I can run my home cinema/ surround films stuff through it as well if its 24/96?

Am I mad and would a second 01v be fine (although that will only give me 16 digital in outs via ADAT and my RME hammerfall.

Plus I am definetly getting a MPC4000 as I am addicted to my MPC2000 then MPC2000XL I just have to... As thats 24/96 plus all my PC software is 24/96 ok I could make the switch.....

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Stvy

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

influx

Link?:  Link

the behringer is NOT a POS. sorry

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

99devils

Link?: Link

Yeah Influx, I'm kinda hot on that behringer myself. I love mixing on hardware, and would kill to have the extra 8 channels of ADAT I/O to the board..

-Craig

Message 13/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

gb

That Behringer looks like a killer, at least as far as value for money goes. I bet this is going to cost Yamaha unless they make something similar in the same price range.

At Musicians-Gear the 01v is on sale for $1240, the Behringer is $1340. Guess why the 01v is on sale ?

Thinking about how much my two 01vs cost me and how little I've used them, I almost feel like crying.

Did anybody try the Behringer yet ? Is the sound quality as good as the 01v ? Are the effects good ?

Message 14/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

influx

sadly I only know of one person who has taken the plunge but he is quite impressed

Message 15/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

GT

ah a reason for defence

I've got an o1v for sale - absolutely MINT...state your interest here. (box, man, ADAT card if you require)

Message 16/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

onemind

I gots one for sale also. same deal as GT minus the option card.

Message 17/19                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

99devils

I only paid $1299 for mine at Guitar Center almost two years ago, with no payments and no interest for a year. Can't beat that deal..

Hell, if the Behringer makes 01V prices fall low enough maybe I'll pick up a second one used instead  

-Craig

Message 18/19                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

Stvy

Hi,

Yeah I don't NEED 96KHz at all. However if I'm gonna takethe plunge and get a new mixer I definastly want 24bit AD DA. So 96KHz would be nice for the future. I don't plan on upgrading again for years!

I record my guitar going into a Marshall Anniversary 6101LM combo. It has a balanced speaker simulated output. It rocks I've tried it on expensive desks. However on my 01v it just lacks balls, and sparkle.

Thats why I'm thinking of getting something new. Also the 01v's A/D/ D/A's are only 18bit but they also do not have a flat freq response. Hence the big fan fare about the kenton plugstation DA's ffor the Sw1000xG which has the same DAs as the 01v. Vastly improving the sound of the sw1000xg.

Maybe I should ckeck out the Behringer. Also anyone using the Yamaha Aw4424 worksataion thingy? Thats got 16 ADAT I/O plus 24bit AD DA?

Cheers
Stvy

Message 19/19                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: What digital 24/96 are there?

99devils

ADAT I/O isn't included, you'd have to buy it seperate. I think my ADAT card was $250-$300 USD.

About your Marshall, try a nice direct box between it and the mixer. Or go test drive a POD or a J-Station. I love the way the POD sounds on tape.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum