0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai S500/S600 users please!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 03-Dec-01  @  07:05 PM   -   Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've got an Akai S6000 Studio on the way. While reading some of the online reviews of the S5k/S6k, one of them mentioned that they were unable to get the machine to read .wav samples of a CD-ROM. Does anyone know if this problem's been fixed? Not much sense in me buying a CD-ROM if not..

Thanks,

-Craig

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/19                 Date: 06-Dec-01  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

influx

so does it work reading from CD?

I just thought of something...doesnt it take IDE hard drives? why not just drop like an 8 gig in there for $40?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/19                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

steve

Link?:  No link

yeah, get the usb thing and use your puter hd as sampler storage, then just bung an 8 or 10 gig in the akai to use for your 'performance' stuff. Much neater and easier than lugging a cd rom drive around on top of all that other crap. No unexpected scsi gremlins to deal with at the gig either.

Message 13/19                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Link?: Link

IDE is an option board - about $100. I have a 4.5GB internal SCSI drive on the way for it. The bugger included two sample CDs, one in AKAI format (so the computer idea is out). Ebay's got external drives cheap so I'll probably pick one up at some point anyways.

Regardless, it's a fucking beast of a sampler  

-Craig

Message 14/19                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

xoxos

oi mr. devils did you ever git any discs from nobody? he sent me some akai formats but i can't read 'em. my putie won't even admit there are files on there, so dunno if they even work?? it'd me my way of gettin geven with you for shit you done. shame, one of them is supposed to be pop, and i'm pop, sigh.

Message 15/19                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

Mahuska

If you go to the url I post earlier http://www.cdxtract.com/
You will see you can "see" Akai disks on your PC. It does the conversion and what I've gathered seems to be the one people use. With the usb card you could then transfer over to your Akais internal HD. The popular way now is to use software to edit and add FX especially if your are not happy with the Akai effects. Anyway you'll decide how you want to do it. I am thinking about jumping on the deal at MF myself and would probably approach the Sample handling and storage as I have described

Message 16/19                 Date: 08-Dec-01  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

xoxos

think i tried that a few years ago. me no mess w/ s/w but thanks for posting the link.

i hope that s6000 comes with a better version of mesa..

Message 17/19                 Date: 10-Dec-01  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Yeah, Ak.Sys.. Basically the same thing but via USB. Supposed to be more reliable but I'm pretty much out of cash right now after the S6k and Sonar   I'll get the USB card eventually.

I never got any CDs from Nobody.

I don't really see how you can beat it.. 16 outs, 128 voices, s/pdif and aes/ebu i/o, SCSI, and that detachable panel all for $1200.. It's a steal fer sure. And anyone whose had an Akai before will find this thing easy as all hell to work with - even without Ak.Sys.

-Craig

Message 18/19                 Date: 10-Dec-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

influx

Craig, I have some CDs for ya. Dont have a way to copy them right now but...

Message 19/19                 Date: 10-Dec-01  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Kewl   Looks like I'll be picking a CD-ROM drive up for this thing at some point regardless.. I've got some CDs that came with the box and SCSI external drives are going for under $5 at ebay  

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum