0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jan-01  @  02:33 PM   -   Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

Espoo2

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm a poor ass college student.
I find myself in need of a mixer.
Behringer's seem nice, and cheap as all hell too. I've heard they get the job done decently, just that they're not too sturdy and sometimes the circuit board will break if too much pressure is put on the knobs... not a problem, since I wont be moving it around much, just a home studio situation.
Anyone had any experience with them? Whats the catch? Why so cheap?
Would I be better off just saving my bills and getting like a Delta 1010 and mixing in my PC?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/19                 Date: 09-Jan-01  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

Espoo2

Howdy, I'm from Texas, y'all.
Austin, currently.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/19                 Date: 09-Jan-01  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

pict

If you can get a test drive with a small Behringer against a small Mackie and let your ears do the choosing that would probably be the best but in most cases you get what you pay for.

I've heard that those roland vm mixers are pretty unintuitive to mix on and I've never heard anyone sing their praises.As I have heard a lot of good things about the 01V I'd be more inclined to go with that.I've got a Mackie 24.8 and I'm very happy with it I think it's a bit like familiarity breeding contempt some people could have a Bösendorfer piano and get bored with the sound it doesn't mean it's a bad sounding piano.

I'd be more worried about the reports of Behringer unreliabilty and noisy power supplies having said that I don't know anybody personally who has a Behringer mixer but their rack processors are ok cheap and very usable.

Message 13/19                 Date: 10-Jan-01  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

bricks

i have a behringer 2642a (8 mono, 4 st, 4 bus) and it has been fine except for you will sometimes get signal bleeding through to the auxes. I used to think i got ripped off but i have had it for 2 years now and it has been good to me over all, i've taken it out live a bunch and everything. i have to say i would recommend mackie though.

Message 14/19                 Date: 10-Jan-01  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

influx

Link?:  Link

almost every mixer Ive ever used (never touched an SSL or the like) has signal bleed on auxes or nearby channels. happens.

Message 15/19                 Date: 11-Jan-01  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

teemu

I got a MX2642 too and while it's not bad for the money there is one thing that's driving me insane. The stereo channels. Why don't they have the same gain range as the mono inputs? I like to overdrive the gain a bit on most sounds (especially the drums, the bass and the synth leads) but the gain on the stereo channels doesn't go high enough. Another thing that bucks me about the stereo channels is the eq. Why can't it be the same eq as in the mono channels? Sweepable mids would be SO much better than 2 bands with fixed frequencies.

Well, I'm getting a REAL desk in the near-ish future. A Mackie 24/8 or something similar. Ah  

Message 16/19                 Date: 11-Jan-01  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

Jasper

I'm going down the 01v route myself.. you just can't beat all that parametric eq and dynamics on each channel for the price. oh baby.

Message 17/19                 Date: 11-Jan-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

99devils

plus memories, automation from your
sequencer, easy re-routing, 2 usable FX
processors, MIDI control surface..

Sorry...

-Craig

Message 18/19                 Date: 12-Jan-01  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

influx

Link?:  Link

and a bunch of holes to stick stuff in.

would have liked aux sends. and for the FX to be different on the 2 internals (why not?) but

Message 19/19                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Behringer Mixers... A waste of time?

Rzo

YO Espoo2!!!!! Im in Austin TX too... UT student! I own a behringer desk if youd like to come check it out (also
NOVA 2 KB and EMU E5000 :-) Email me

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum