0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I need feedback......

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  11:51 AM   -   I need feedback......

stephen

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hello all, Ive just uploaded a track to Dancetech under the name of Soul Survivor, its called Bootsey Juicey. Its a bit of a tec-house bubbler.

Anyway, Ive never encoded my tracks at 22khz before so I was surprised at how much of the detail and clarity of the sound has been lost. Id really appreciate any comments you guys have on this track, however negative. Thank you.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/18                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

soulsurvivor

Link?: Link

thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Yeah I know what your saying bout the key changes at the end, bit drastic I know. Also that bassline really need some heavey compression as the key change takes it up to an almost inaudible level. The sample is from some obscure website, have know idea about its origins, I allways assumed she was american but thinking about it know she does have an unusual tone to her voice. Been in love with it ever since I heard it on Westwood rap show years ago.

And no its not reason, all cubase.

Whats the score with this CD your talking about sitar ?(I'm a relative newcomer to the joys of Dancetech)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/18                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

sitarsong

Just meant that in general. Once you have enough tunes for a cd, and you might already, this should be one of them Good track. I don't know if you've gotten to that point yet. That's all.

Message 13/18                 Date: 04-Mar-02  @  11:20 PM     Edit: 04-Mar-02  |  11:21 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

panama

I think that moby sample was: "Feeling So Good" ??

That ("You make me feel so good") sample was used back in early 1994 on a Kimball Kollins United DJ's mix. Its been around forever.

Message 14/18                 Date: 05-Mar-02  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: I need feedback......

influx

Link?:  Link

you make me feel..so goood...so goood.

moby.

Message 15/18                 Date: 05-Mar-02  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: I need feedback......

Maarten

Wow, influx can sing... ;)

Message 16/18                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  05:39 PM     Edit: 06-Mar-02  |  05:40 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

david G

Link?:  No link

the feel so god thing has been used by r.h.kirk (aka sandoz, electronic eye,...) on his "intensely radioactive", circa 1994.

i found the same sample on a website in a .zip file with all those cheesy aah yeah pump it up vocal bits.

Message 17/18                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

damballah

...and cabaret voltaire, of course

Message 18/18                 Date: 06-Mar-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

k

Link?:  No link

i like that... lovely intro.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum