0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 01v reboot loop

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Oct-01  @  06:35 PM   -   01v reboot loop

0life0

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Alright, I have a Yamaha 01v digital mixer less than three years old, it has always worked fine exept for now: it keeps rebooting itself.
I thought it was a power failure at first but it turns out that its fine untill audio goes in, then it reboots .. I can leave it off for 30 sec, turn it on its fine, I can go have a bath come back its fine but as soon as I run audio in it will only last for about 10 sec before rebooting and that with only one ch coming in.

Is this a circuty problem in the power mainfarme? (trying to sound all pro

could it be that the A/D convertor on channel ch 1 (I'll try swaping them around) is overflowing in data and chooks a system path in the os? just a theroy, dunno if possible

or is this just a case of fuse replacement?.. just lie to me .. say yes please let it be a fuse

the first time this happen was when I was doing studio work about 4 hours away from my setup and had to drag the 01v down there, but it only happend twice, i was freeking out for a minute but then everything went back to normal after we changed to a difrent power outlet.. it's been fine for over a month now and reboot season again.. daamm..

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/18                 Date: 06-Nov-01  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

Brett B

So, how do i get this new os?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/18                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

O

you talking to me   ... yes I'm 8life8 or OlifeO or O or whatever .. gooing to lock down a nick soon with some uploaded tracks & graffiks and start making a image for myslef.. constantly changing nicks (beena DT'er for years) ... and yes I wrote a big thank you note to joe at yammy and said I'd try to get him a better dental or something in return .. dunno on what's the current Os ver for the 1v but I do know mine is going to have it when I get it back, so I'll post up the ver. I'm pretty sure its just a sysex or a midi file that's downloadable from yammy.com..

Message 13/18                 Date: 09-Nov-01  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

influx

Link?:  Link

Ive looked and not seen anything though. let us know, k?

Message 14/18                 Date: 17-Nov-01  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

loLfie

ok fellas got my 1v back within 3 days.. not bad .. a hand for yamaha tech suport .. anyway the latest 1v os version is a whopping 1.05 .. cheers!

Message 15/18                 Date: 17-Nov-01  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

influx

I was amazed by their support. I emailed and left my number and within 2 days got a phone call from a real person!!! props to them for sure. For the rest of you, yammy told me that the "new" OS wasnt necessary

sure would like to see some more FX algorithms, ya know? or maybe different ones for block 2 compared to block one? never understood that.

Message 16/18                 Date: 19-Nov-01  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

99devils

Link?: Link

The FX aren't that hot anyways, although I like the distortion for vox and sometimes synths. The 'verbs are passable too.

-Craig

Message 17/18                 Date: 19-Nov-01  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

steve

I liked the flexibility of having 2 seperate efx engines on the 01v, and having the full four band on the returns but I think I`d have preferred it if they`d have not bothered at all and just put a couple more sends on the thing.

Message 18/18                 Date: 19-Nov-01  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

influx

external sends? yeah. woulda been nice. but if the FX were better..well...

I use the delays alot and the panning

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum