0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: AKAI S2000

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  10:02 AM   -   AKAI S2000

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am having problems connecting my S2000 to my
PC (with Windows 2000 installed), using SCSI.
I have an (I-Will SIDE-2930C Fast SCSI Adapter)
SCSI card installed.
When i turn on the Sampler the PC recognises it
as a new device (AKAI EMI S2000 SCSI processor
device) and asks for the drivers.
Do you need drivers for the sampler?
If so where can i get them?
I would much appreciate any help you can give me.
Cheers

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/18                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

knowa

Link?:  Link

MESA doesn't require midi. can't be of much help beyond that, as I use a mac, and (he he) consequently have never even heard of such device recognition problems   Seriously though, be sure to check that your version of the sampler OS and MESA are compatible. Recycle 1.7 requires OS 2.0 in the akai; not sure if MESA requires this though. good luck.--knowa

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/18                 Date: 20-Oct-01  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

xoxos

Link?: Link

using an adaptec 1505 - works for a number of people. hopefully it has nothing to do with your card.

i gotta reinstall mesa soon (i'll do it this week) so maybe i'll have some trials to shed some light on your situation. i don't use my sampler a lot   on some formattings (i go through them..) i have my troubles getting my scsi csrd to show up. yours is sterling? it's checked in the bios (or whatever that thing is where you hold down the keys when you boot..) all i remember is that i could never get it to work if i turned the pc on first.

Message 13/18                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

Pure Phase

Cheers mate, thanks for the help.
Keep us posted on how yours goes.

I have tried a new SCSI card (Adaptec 2904),
but it does the same thing again. I am running
Win2k and have a RAID hard drive set up. Not sure if that is causing the problems?

Message 14/18                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

bedwyr

what else have you got on the scsi chain? have you set the termination properly? if u got a scanner or zip drive too, make sure the id numbers don't clash, and switch them on in the right order (computer last) i'm using that 2904 now as well, which works fine for me. good luck, scsi can be a bit of a mystery really  

Message 15/18                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

xoxos

there's your answer - i forgot all about the 'new hardware found' but i was getting a lot of that on my last install from stuff. had no problem (once i remembered to reconnect the cable to the scsi card..   never had.. just have to turn the sampler on first.. let it boot before booting the pc so the pc doesn't try and boot from the sampler..

mesa = no windows 2000.

everything i've got runs on 98. i'm sticking with it.

Message 16/18                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

xoxos

btw when i bought my scsi card i was all kinds of paranoid about getting the right kind.. only to be assured that it's a pretty standardised piece of gear and i'd be right with the cheapest piece i could find.

Message 17/18                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

Pure Phase

So it is probably Windows 2000 that is causing the problem. Thats a bugger ! Well i will have to try 98 then. Though i was going to upgrade to XP soon...which might be better or it could be asking for trouble! Well thanks alot for all your help and trouble, greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Message 18/18                 Date: 26-Oct-01  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: AKAI S2000

Pure Phase

File?:  File

ASPI_BITS.zip

Right, thanks everyone for their help.
I have spoken to the Akai Tech Support guy, who was very helpful. So anyone with similar problems running MESA or Recycle on Win2k and trying to connect to a SCSI sampler......DO THIS........The aspi drivers that are need by MESA which comes with win95/98 are missing in win2000. Try the Adaptec or Microsoft web site for the aspi drivers. You need these drivers: Winaspi.dll and Wnaspi32.dll . I have attached a ASPI check application which will tell you what ASPI drivers you are running and which ones you need. Good luck. Now i can get on and do some tunes....at last!.........

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum