0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Samplerz iz kool

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  05:46 PM   -   Samplerz iz kool

Will

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ya man - dem wicked seen. Come by my selekta. Nah really lets talk samplers. I like them cause they sample....your turn....

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/18                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

Will

Yeah - Even if you just throw loops from your synths in it for a mix, you can get some nice production gloss. The Esi converters sound sweet for things like this, and you can do some cool pan crossfading, machine gun triggering, filter each channel (e.g spacing a kick and bassline in the mix) etc etc. Hell yeah...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/18                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

Jasper

cut up loops and see what it sounds like with reversed/pitched down/huge attack/mixed up samples.

Message 13/18                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

0/d

Link?:  Link

start multisampling your synths and romplers,and start blending different waveforms and noises with them.once you make your first useable instrament there is no turning back.

Message 14/18                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

Will

Endless fun assigning sample start to a CC and then triggering a sequence of 16th/32nd notes while sweeping the cc. Esi can do this too, although it has to be mapped to velocity....not too much of a problem though...

Message 15/18                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

sitar

Link?:  Link

It's for all those reasons I never get started. How will I ever get anything done??? Sounds like a bottomless pit

:P

Message 16/18                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

Jasper

and the best thing is finding some sample on an obscure record or cd, chucking in your latest track and the bastard fits perfectly first time. and messing with vocal cuts and lfo's to get new words.

Message 17/18                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

robski27

Link?: Link

if anyone is after samples of guitars then let me know i have many available in all styles

Message 18/18                 Date: 10-Apr-01  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: Samplerz iz kool

Pongoid

Link?: Link

admittedly, samplers are fun, but I try to split my time up, as they can be very addictive, later leaving me at a loss for synth programming skills, live instrument chops etc.. Also, they don't sound like perfect reproductions. Sometimes better than the original, sometimes not.

Ape

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum