0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Who has one ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  11:46 AM   -   Who has one ?

gb

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Wow - a Kurzweil forum.I have a k2000rs and I'd like to know who else in here owns a Kurzweil.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/18                 Date: 25-Mar-01  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: Who has one ?

psylichon

Link?: Link

K2500RS v.2.96 here.

To save your complete channel setup (including every parameter that's listed on the CHANLS soft button of the MIDI menu), go to disk mode, hit SAVE, and scroll down to the bottom of the "Save selection:" list and pick "Master." I think this is what you're looking for, Defector Z.

peace...

psylichon

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/18                 Date: 29-Mar-01  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

Defector Z

Ooooo. Gotta try that. Thanks!

Message 13/18                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: Who has one ?

k

add a zip drive and hang it off the k's scsi port.. they are soooo cheap now, like 69 quid in the Uk, and with a few judiciously applied blobs of BluTak to hold it in place it should sit perfectly on the flat zip-drive sized square plate above the floppy drive !!...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/18                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: Who has one ?

mikec

K2600 Mmmmm.  

MikeC

Message 15/18                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Who has one ?

psylichon

I can't see the big deal over K2600's. Okay, killer effects, some new algorithms, and balanced outs, but otherwise too damn close to the K25's to be considered a new model in my opinion. I know there are some other tweaks throughout the system, but it still is a K2500 MkII.

A real improvement would have been a killer PCM soundset and good (i.e. useable) preset programming like on the Triton. Could you imagine the out-of-the-boxedness of the Triton combined with the deep-in-the-boxedness of the K2X00? 'Twould be killer. I tend to program myself, but I know a lot of people that shy away from the K series for its presets.

psylichon

Message 16/18                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

mikec

Not just new algorithms......

With the triple layer mode, you can route the same sound through 3 layers. That means that the sound can go through a total of 11 DSP functions!

You really can make some ludicrous sounds with it, and it solves a lot of the existing annoyances. How many times have you made a nice sound and the wanted to add a low-pass filter to it? I've done things like that loads of times, but the K2600 doesn't suffer from those things.

The presets are pretty impressive as well. The K2000 presets are an abomination, but the K2600's are far far superior. And there are tons on the supplied disks. The KB3 thing is very nice as well.

While I'm here....a point about hard disks. You don't really need the hard drive mounting kit (unless you are going to take the Kurzweil out live or something and you NEED the harddrive to be inside). The K2000 series supports FAT16 so you can mount the drive in your PC case and the K2000's will access it fine over the SCSI cable.

Concerning saving...you can save pretty much any part of the system into a single krz/k25/k26 file. My way of working is to ALWAYS have a completely empty K2000. When I want to save, I save everything I'm using along with the master setup to a file. When that file is loaded back in, everything is setup exactly like before, but if I want to work on something different, I can just clear the whole RAM and start again.

And don't overlook the boot macro function. You can create a file on your disk or hard drive called boot.mac (I think) and the k2000 will execute it when you switch on. This means that you can have it auto-load anything you want (such as a load of samples or something).

The MIDI/CHANLS is one of the most useful pages. You can setup your entire MIDI setup here, route sounds to different outputs and so on. Took me 6 months before I realised it was there, but it's pretty much the only page I use now (besides the sound editing pages).

MikeC

Message 17/18                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Who has one ?

psylichon

The man knows his gear...

Serial layers sound really cool. I like the idea... kind of an extension of the old "string your modular synthesizers together" philosophy of programming. I could definitely get into that.

As it is, if I make a killer sound on my K2500 and need another filter, I run it through my Nova and do it there. Same idea. Ya gotta love synths with inputs. I don't think I'll ever buy another synth unless it has live inputs.

peace...

psylichon

Message 18/18                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

infrasound

Mike knows everything. Seriously. Scary.

Anyway, I saw the Beegees on telly yesterday and they were rocking Kurzweil too! Still hasn`t put me off wanting one tho  

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum