0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Question for 01V owners

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-00  @  03:09 PM   -   Question for 01V owners

Jasper

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I reckon my skills or track quality aint going to advance mutch further with my current setup (behringer1602, 3630 compressor, aphex 104 is the dynamic stuff).

So I was wondering if purchasing a yamaha 01v would enable me to create better mixes because of it's extensive eq and dynamics on each channel, or am I just hoping.

Has anyone here got any comments on how their production has improved after purchasing one of these?

I really have to justify this, I'm not shite at production.. but I sometimes wonder if my basic equipment is hindering me.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/18                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  08:05 AM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

influx

Link?:  Link

cept..only stores 4 mixes? but yeah, in actuality the recall feature was a huge deciding factor because I dont usually work on other stuff til I have "that one" off the board....

I am totally looking forward to it, though! wish they had put inserts on it..AT LEAST the main buss....tryin to figger out how to use my C2 compressor and monitor through that. Probably just monitor through the soundcard...

and I wont be buyin ANY new gear for a LONG time. I swear by that. THe only thing I might do is trade my virus A for a KB..but probably not

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/18                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

johnny

only stores 4 mixes? 100, or 99 if you discount the initialised mix...

Message 13/18                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

influx

where the FUCK did I get the FOUR? I thought somebody said something about that!!!

so...itll hold 99 mixes in memory? including fader moves and ALL that shit?

WOW!!!

Message 14/18                 Date: 21-Oct-00  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

johnny

er, the 01V doesn't store fader moves at all, they are recorded into an external sequencer and played back from it. The 03D and 02R have built-in mix sequencers, but not the 01V.

Each mix memory (Scene in Yamaha-speak) stores all mix settings (fader positions, aux sends, FX settings, EQ, dynamics, routings etc.) for total recall. Stuff that is NOT stored in a scene includes 01V setup data, the MIDI CC# map, EQ/dynamics library, and scene memory data (obviously). But all of this can be stored in a bulk dump so you're not restricted by the onboard memory limits.

I think it might have been me who said something about four memories in another thread, this was to do with the remote MIDI fader mode - there are four profile locations (or Banks in Yamaha-speak) that can contain different MIDI fader/button assignments. These four banks are not part of the scene memory, in the same way that the CC# map is not. In other words, when you save or recall a mix the CC# map and MIDI fader profiles remain the same (as do the other settings excluded from the scene memory). Sorry if I caused any confusion :-)

Message 15/18                 Date: 22-Oct-00  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

influx

and you just caused even more!!! 

sure sounds like a powerful mixer! Im excited, to say the least 

Message 16/18                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

99devils

I really haven't dug fully into the depth of this mixer. I haven't touched the MIDI fader box mode, and still haven't done much with automating the faders via MIDI. But the mix scenes are the fucking bomb. If you find something on your track you don't like a month down the road, you can call up your mix with a couple button pushes and fix it.

I love this thing!

-Craig

Message 17/18                 Date: 23-Oct-00  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

GT

Does anyone use the 01v to do sysex to set up your each synth in your kit?

GT

Message 18/18                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Question for 01V owners

influx

I was just readin about that last night...

but, honestly, since I only have a virus and E4 I probably wont touch that. I love the virus knobs, and editing the E4 really is a cynch as far as Im concerned.

seems like it would work great for controlling like soft synths or the like tho

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum