0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!thanks

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 13-Nov-07  @  09:46 PM   -   MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!thanks

Anduuu

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi there!

I have an M-Audio Firewire 410, and I experience a" tinkle basic sound to noise on my combo xlr preamps" of it, instead even the manual of the soundcard said that signal to noise is -107db!I've read all pro noise problems/issues manuals,BUT MY PROBLEM isn;t there!It;s something else,I think the signal itself is guilted//is gained noisely from preaps..
--- I've made all the tests both in the Cubase sx 2.2 audios and Sony Sound Forge 8, or even JUST talk LIVE into the microphone! THE SAME EFFECT - the signal of it from gains is accompanied by this TINKLE noise/the signal itself has a inadmissible tinkle for the presume quality of the soundcard -107db OR THIS is the 'quality'/noise of it's preamps?(and the mic is perfecttudio Projects B1) !!!
---I have the GAIN established at the best possition to work(the cursor of the gain is almost in the middle), and the soundcard works very good on the other hand(has no "software issues, only this is a HUGE problem=big rec noise problem)...
____ WHAT COULD BE??? IS THIS THE QUALITY OF the soundcard Firewire 410???Or THIS CARD is BROKEN or something???OR about an INCOPATIBILITY between B1 mic and FW410 preams??? PLEASE ANSWER THIS TO ME WHATEVER WOULD BE THE PROBLEM(what is really the problem???IT'S important to know it,whatever would be)!!! ____I've tested the cables too, and both preamps- sounds same noise signal, I think to big for the product image quality!WHAT could it be, and what is to be done! tkhs for understanding.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/17                 Date: 02-Dec-07  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!thanks

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

Yes but that said avenue, a simply set of cables will cure the problem, and yes kilo its something
to do with unbalanced cables into mixers that r or arnt balanced coz i only use internal
instruments at the mo none of it ends up recorded, but mics and analog stuff will record the
sound, the pseudo cables should do the trick, and yes the fire wire hotplug stuff was a real f up.
I read on the net about this after i hotpluged but i was lucky and no damage occurred.

M

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/17                 Date: 03-Dec-07  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!th

k

Link?:  Link

i meant if he records with a mic lead (balanced) but not plugged into a monitor system, does he get the sound internaly.. it should be fine in isolation isnt it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/17                 Date: 03-Dec-07  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!thanks

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

Oh i see what you mean, dont know, it if the 410 is needed to get the sound into computer
ireckon its still there even if quiter quirerter, less loud jesus spelling. lets be honest the cheapest
way is to get the leads then you got a good sounding 24 bit card with 192khz on master outs and
96 khz on the others all at 24 / 16 bit prob solved, dosh saved, or just go f..k it and buy an
apogee with the gubbings and laugh at people using soundblasters..... and think ho ho ho any
noise i now have is higher quality noise than i had before.
M

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 14/17                 Date: 18-Dec-07  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!th

Anduuu

meant if he records with a mic lead (balanced) but not plugged into a monitor system, does he get the sound internaly.. it should be fine in isolation isnt it?

Well, I have TESTED always the FW 410, ONLY with headphones, mic and fw cable only( no power from AC). I used only a balanced cable, from B1 SP mic, to fw410 preaps. That;s all!
Speaking only from This Case, I experience always, even with no other wire(only cable between mic and preamp-balanced), that "tinkle" noise!

I seek pseudobalanced cables , but that is far a wrong idea, in order that a pro one costs almost like the device itself!!! And even so, other recordists told me that is not a big diference( the most important remains ONLY the preaps quality itself). So, that is not a clue!

What I could do in order that noise is coming from the preaps( is too big for just ignoring it)? I use the BALANCED mic cable only, with no monitor or other sources: THAT 'rec.mp3', was recorded in this conditions, with no other cables, only with a hq headphones monitoring!!!

But the romanian Dealer where I have the guarantee, simply refuse to believe there is a issue/noise, even that they hear it...that's why I asked if it's NORMAL for THIS product to be so like...I am the first user, so can I hold the M-Audio UK liability, I mean I can be helped then by them?

What else I could do? Couse I CAN'T change it or turn it back-even in guarantee, to this Dealer, in order they say is no issue?
PS: Kilo, did u asked the M-Audio friend about that topic? If no, pls ask him about this issue!

thks,A.

Message 15/17                 Date: 18-Dec-07  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!th

k

ok well it sounds wrong to me... if u used a balnced mic cable and nothing else and record and it still has that noise it is wrong, end of story - what to do now tho, i ask to my friend

ok... he wants to know what OS you use, and what graphic card

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/17                 Date: 20-Dec-07  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!th

k

Hey Anduuu - please reply - what OS do you use, and what graphic card do you use in your pc?

Message 17/17                 Date: 24-Dec-07  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: MaudioFW410 noise/PREAMPs problems!pls help!thanks

Anduuu

---Ow, the OS and what....I told you on my initial posts that I use the most XP sp2, with the newest m-audio drivers and tips from m-audio site. Even more...I've got even one pc with xp sp2 clean - configured only for music, and doesn't work.... ow, I said also that I tested the device, ON my Dealer's PC and on my dealer's Mac, "so 2 OSs: XP sp2 and Mac OS", with their newest drivers from m-audio site too.
---What about the Video device....eh I don't believe it matter a bit, couse I have tested the FW410 on my laptop with "Intel video device", on my PC with "ATI device", on my dealer's PC with other video cards,N-Vidia I think, and their MacLaptops, with again another Video device inside them!!!

Conclusion:
...SO, reading the situation above, U see that "doesn't matter a bit what video or OS I use", in order the fw410 was TESTED on ALL of this computer sistems - on several operating sistems and video devices - HEY-even several different computer configuration at all, and... got out the SAME result: this "tinkle"noise/background noise!!!!

well, what is to be done for now?

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum