0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  01:33 PM   -   crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Maarten

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Got a new lappy and a new compressor for the overall mix and upon my first recording :

Couldn't get the grunge out of the low-end in the recording at all so decided to bring some of the drums back and bypass the compressor(much to my disappointment)... it's wierd though- when I recorded the first time it all sounded damn good over the phones but upon playback it was "crack-crack" and I do mean coming out of my soundcard / headphones. You'd think you would hear the same during playback as that you did during recording.... any advise on this?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/17                 Date: 19-Feb-02  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Frostbyte

Link?:  No link

hehe M., what really does my head in are the ing leads everywhere, I keep trippin' on them.

I NEED a patchbay (actually make that two) and I WANT an omnirax desk, and an A-frame.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/17                 Date: 19-Feb-02  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Maarten

Link?: Link

Don't get me started  

Message 13/17                 Date: 19-Feb-02  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

influx

Frostbyte.youre not US right? If you are, I have three AP Audio balanced patchbays here. 2 are chrome, one is black...

Message 14/17                 Date: 19-Feb-02  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Maarten

If you weren't that lazy you'd at least check his profile :P

Message 15/17                 Date: 20-Feb-02  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Frostbyte

Thanks a lot for the offer, but my friend as some fostex he'll give me. I know they might not be the shit, but it'll do. It's not like I have anything esoteric recording wise anyway.

lazy :P

Message 16/17                 Date: 20-Feb-02  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

influx

hey maarten

|~(

watch out. I terminate

frostbyte...thats cool..if theyll work. I was thinkin like $50 shipped. Fairly solid patchbay

Message 17/17                 Date: 20-Feb-02  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: crack-crack-crack (no rock)

Maarten

hehe, I'll take that as a compliment Influx.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum