0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: help me out with feedback?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  05:29 PM   -   help me out with feedback?

kdanger

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi guys,

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this big beat track before it is complete. It is about 65% done and I want to get some feedback so I know what aspects to change and not to change. I want it to be as powerful and hard as possible. It's about 3.5 MB and you can download it off my ftp://plazmahaus.com/pub/ folder. It wont stream from there so you'd have to download. Thanks.

K

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/17                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

k blondin

Link?:  No link

Yeah I would love a second pair. I use the blown out ones in my car right now and all I can hear is the ripped cone buzzing away on the woofer. In my studio I use Event 20/20 Bas active bi-amped monitors. They are probably the best money I've ever spent. Problem is that my music is only available on the internet. So most people listen through multi-media boxes. I've never even met anyone living near me who listens to the stuff I do. So it's hard to get useful feedback on the technical stuff.

Thanks for kicking me in the ass to get it squashed down to 500k guys. That's one way to eliminate questions about the high end!

Anyways, the vocalist is laying down the core of the track for "Time to Burn" in a few days so I was hoping to get some ideas. Sort of like an advance screening for a film you know?

k

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/17                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

sitar

Link?:  Link

My stuff is too good. That's why I only put the crappy tunes up :P

Seriously, don't use any odd characters in the title when you upload the track and if it doesn't take, use Underscores (shift+Dash keys) instead of spaces between words in the title.

Message 13/17                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  02:17 PM     Edit: 21-Aug-01  |  02:20 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Interesting.. you've got a valid point asking for ppl to listen to the higher quality version so as to get more constructive criticism on the engineering/mixing/mastering aspects on the track...

And then you blow it by neglecting the fact that realistically, if you want critique on those kind of aspects, unless we get to listen to the original un-encoded version of your track... we won't really get to hear it "as intended" anyway...  

128K MP3 still ain't gonna cut it, or give a true representation of ALL the things goin' on in yer mix... I mean you talk about rollin' off the bass end etc.etc. well MP3 it and away a chunk of the detail goes.. so what kind of feed back ARE you expecting from the audio you have on offer (lo-fi OR hi-fi) ??????

(Sorry, just bored here at work and fancied posting something long and anal at DT... I'll go bother influx next!)

I'll get me coat.. okay, I'll go download it..  

Marc_D

Message 14/17                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

xoxos

ideas: tie her ankles to the bed posts?

Message 15/17                 Date: 23-Aug-01  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

n0vim

Link?:  No link

no more fetuses, xoxos..please ,xoxos.

Message 16/17                 Date: 24-Aug-01  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

xoxos

was i implying anything about copulation here? geez.

Message 17/17                 Date: 26-Aug-01  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

k

nice track Blondin - that'd make me go and listen to hi-fi & d/load to hear the details better. - i dunno if that sound is considered 'dated' now cos i'm not into that genre really in terms of seeking it out and consuming it, but sounds ok to me... sorta classic-trance/big-beat crossover to my ears with the synth arp stuff happening behind the beat.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum