0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 24-Jul-00  @  11:34 AM   -   DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

JARVY PARVY

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

SO HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK WITH RESTRICTED VOLUME?
AND ..........caps now off , and does yer neighbours like the rich bass ends on your carfully made kick drum or the hum of sub bass which carries through the walls and up the road and fizzies up mad dog jonnies beer,or the fact that over a two week period they only hear the same music all day every day.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/17                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

r-tek

agreed, my neighbours have a 2-yearold kid - I`d feel like a right old cunt if I disturbed them in any way shape or form with my "music" (note the inverted commas). I`m paranoid about it too (its the weed jj, I`m tellinya), I was listening to the Lexis LP last night downstairs while I was soldering up a multicore with the wondows open cos it was so fucking hot but it took me a coupla hours to do cos I kept going outside to see what the volume was like - its was always virtually silent from the outside but it didn`t stop me worrying about it. Its important to show some respect methinks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/17                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

99devils

I've had to be especially careful with this recently... I just bought a condo (for those who don't know, it's like an apartment that you own, not rent). Since I'm not moving out anytime soon, and the neighbors aren't moving out anytime soon, I really am trying to watch it so's that things can be kept civil.

Usually I don't work too loud anyways, so not a problem, but when doing final mixes and whatnot, it might be rough. Not to mention my beloved Peavey 5150 has been gathering dust since I moved out of my folks' place  

-Craig

Message 13/17                 Date: 10-Aug-00  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

adams04

The bit about French is understood.I just moved from an appartment(finished my cd heh heh ).In the end,after letters,phonecalls ,tetchy conversations in the hall etc ,i just thoght fk:j this!
I bought some Monitor Ones and that was that .Mixing down in vst is impissible otherwise.
Can,t wait either 4 the next move,i,m having a house built with a studio in da basement yEAH!
Present appt is ok,but as i,m selling kit ,writing new stuff,and most importantly starting out chopping up my own tunes ,and saving 4 a hw sampler(soundcards are not cool)i,m only doing bits.
Hmm theory, dunno, i paid my dues,went back to college,did the Jazz tip thing,got all i could stomach.Quit the high-life ,clean 4 over 5 years,inspiration seems like a thing inside,comes and goes weak,strong.Glad i know how to catch it on paper,or go straight to VST.
My boy Curt really turned me round when he was born,and i find it easier to get on with the neighbours in a universal sense.
Vocal cds ha ,i was asked to do one......;
Recontextualise,hmmm,seems the big strides being taken are in technology and medicine.
Art with its western/eastern traditions ,like medicine finds new cures 4 the groove.
Technology speaks 10000001 etc,but that synth makes notes from it.Always 0 or 1 ,but music changes.Maybe the geometry of it all is closer?
To me right now whats important is trying 5 kik samples together after the 32 bar intro.

Very stimulating place .

Cheers Guruzoo.

Message 14/17                 Date: 11-Aug-00  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

damballah

Link?:  Link

Uhhhhh, Guru, are you maybe stimulated on something else, like espresso maybe?

Basements are great for studios. 30 yards of solid earth between me and the neighbors. They hear nothing. Soundproofing in ceiling and walls. Other end of house from bedrooms.

Message 15/17                 Date: 11-Aug-00  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

Pongoid

It's kind of frustrating to have to play the headhone game, but it's what I usually end up doing on the road cuz nobody's got a monitor system I can just compose on. Besides, I usually feel like I'm boring the shit out of people while I'm doing it to because it's all starting and stopping, and touching up this and playing that over again, and seeing that this other thing doesn't really work right here, even though it sounds cool on it's own and I want to use it. The only exception to that is when I'm actually doing it on mintors so that somebody I'm teaching can actually learn my methods and approach.

The Alien Lullaby I busted out on the Frenchies was strictly for the effect of riling oncomers.  

Ape

Message 16/17                 Date: 11-Aug-00  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

adams04

Um,yeah,i had a good curry just before i read all these threads in Theory.;
Think Pongo u had some influence in Paris then;)
U got some music up some^place i could check out please?

Guruzoo.

Message 17/17                 Date: 11-Aug-00  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

damballah

mmmm, curry, mmmmm...  

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum