0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: death and taxes

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  11:00 AM   -   death and taxes

cheddar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I was chatting with a German Doctor about smoking outside a conference a few years back (both of us were outside having a puff), anyway,

We talked about prices and heavy taxes and I said apart from punitive taxation, it's fair enough because of the extra cost of healthcare for smokers. He corrected me. He said that Germany was thinking of bringing in heavy taxation as a way to offset health costs and they performed a study to justify it.

The results were major. They found that most smokers died within 2 years of there first major episode (heart attack/stroke/cancer) whereas non smokers tended to live 10 years and have more /other episodes. Since the most expensive aspect of (general) healthcare is the treatment (normally ongoing) during/following major episodes, non smokers cost the country more than the smokers who tend to shuffle off without longer term/multiple episode treatment being required. The result, Germany did not increase the tax on cigarettes.

So, since insurers will hit you hard if you say "entertainment" as your profession do we think that the gov should rebate/reduce tax for entertainers since they are much more likely to saving the coffers as they bend their bodies toward early graves

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/16                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: death and taxes

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Errata, you are absolutely correct in your definition of Acid moments. Completely altering the mind to achieve religious moments has never fully worked. Complete and utter sobriety can be soooooo much more powerful at achieving enlightened states. Substances are fun, don't get me wrong, but they interfere with ones consciousness. Listen to anyone explain a philosophical concept on LSD and you'll see what I mean. They just do not make any sense whatsoever. And it isn't in any super-conscious form of senselessness either.

Give me the Aurora Borealis up in Whitehorse any day!

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/16                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: death and taxes

bedwyr

Link?: Link

it's not what you blabber on about when you're fucked that matters, it's the insight you gather whilst you're altered. go and read about it innit.

Message 13/16                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: death and taxes

errata

the blathering in the trip is a bit of vomit, yep. But it's the come down, as you put the world back together where you get something. But let's be sure, I'm contradicting myself here. I still think all you get in the end is the awareness of something missing, or in my opinion... ignored!

e

Message 14/16                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  07:14 PM     Edit: 13-Nov-02  |  07:33 PM   -   RE: death and taxes

Steve Roughley

^^^ and prolonged insanity after the comedown!

Regards.

Steve.

Message 15/16                 Date: 13-Nov-02  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: death and taxes

xoxos

Link?: Link

you don't make half as much sense as me, and it all sounds like clubs. errata instead of a prolonged series of agitant datum i'll now execute a little move a good friend suggested in stead: fuck you!

Message 16/16                 Date: 14-Nov-02  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: death and taxes

Steve Roughley

oooOOOoooh  

Steve.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum