0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I want a synth but which one?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-Oct-02  @  09:16 PM   -   I want a synth but which one?

Mike

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've been out of the scene for a few years and technology moves on etc.. Before I had a Roland XP10 which was OK.

Can anyone recommend the best 2nd hand synth - around 300 quid which would give me some mellow analogue sounds -strings, stabs etc.. not too bothered about realistic sounds. Basically something to play around with. I have PC with Cakewalk which I use for acoustic.

Cheers

m

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/16                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: I want a synth but which one?

Def Z

psylichon - yes, I'd love to try it out. I'll buy it if I like it. How big is the file - could you email it?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/16                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  04:25 PM     Edit: 31-Oct-02  |  04:28 PM   -   RE: I want a synth but which one?

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

I see you've cross posted eh?? :-)

Well to answer your question (again!).. for £300-£400 squids:

STAudio DSP24Value £89

MAudio USB Keystation61 £120

Synapse Audio ORION PLATINUM 3.5 £127 ($199)

Total = £347!!!

Check out Orion Platinum at www.synapse-audio.com - it's like Fruity Loops (some would say much better tho') :-)

Marc_D

Message 13/16                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: I want a synth but which one?

psylichon

Def Z...

I sent it to info on your website. Hope your server can handle 150k attachments.

psylichon

Message 14/16                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: I want a synth but which one?

xoxos

i forget the exact designation but there's this old korg fm keyboard - 4 octaves with aftertouch. it's the korg 707 of some kind. if you can find someone selling one used, it's make a nice controller (4 sliders) esp. with a knob box. paraphrase if you've got the itme it can be worth ging through classifieds with a browser window or two open.

Message 15/16                 Date: 01-Nov-02  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: I want a synth but which one?

Def Z

psylichon - thanks! I got it - will try it out tonight. :-)

Message 16/16                 Date: 01-Nov-02  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: I want a synth but which one?

Duncan Haskell

You must have a look at the waldorf pulse, it has anlogue oscs an analogue filter and digital envelopes. I have decided to sell a couple of things and track one down. The demo sounds I have heard sound lovely.
They were about 700 quid when they came out and you can now buy one brand new for £200.(Only from turnkey though I think)

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum