0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Synth of death

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 23-May-02  @  09:35 PM   -   Synth of death

FusionMusicMan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Oberheim OB-12, ive heard nasy stories (and good) it's only 499.99 and i really need a keyboard and the sound on sound review was quite good, although it could of been some 90 year old house wife reviewing it (no offence to 90 year old house wives tho). Ive also loked at some of the previous comments on it here at dt and varoius other fourms, suppose i really need to play it, i tryed my local dawsons for a demo at no avail so i e-mailed oberheim who are tyring to sort somthing out with turnkey to mabe send me one to dawsons (or my house) for evaluation.

whatdaya think

i like progaming and weird sounds and i like me underdogs.

Fusion 

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/16                 Date: 28-May-02  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Synth of death

99devils

Link?: Link

Gibson buys Oberheim.
Gibson ruins Oberheim.
Gibson allows 3rd rate company to produce products bearing Oberheim's name

Replace Oberheim with Steinberger, Tobias, Kramer, or Opcode as necessary.

Can you tell I don't like Gibson? ;)

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/16                 Date: 28-May-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Synth of death

sitarsong

True. They certainly haven't promoted it well. I liked it lots when I played with it but I don't think Gibson looks at it as a big priority. Bummer.

Message 13/16                 Date: 29-May-02  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Synth of death

milan

I liked Oberheim when i bought my 1989 Matrix1000. dunno nothing after that :þ

Message 14/16                 Date: 29-May-02  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Synth of death

xoxos

the ob12 was produced in italy, no?

Message 15/16                 Date: 29-May-02  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Synth of death

steve

yeah, made by viscount. Organ people.

its not supposed to be a bad synth at all, just doesn't sound like a virus so it got ignored.

Message 16/16                 Date: 06-Jun-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: Synth of death

Atari tech

Link?:  No link

I;m thinking of getting one of these too (they are $599 at musicians friend), it sounds very digital, It would probably be good for ambinet or electro, but not so much for drum and bass, or nu school breaks. i think that the price drop on the ob-12, and MS-2000 is due to the k-station and SH-32, as these VA's (which both went for about a grand last year) or going to get compared to those VA's then they would to the Q's,viruses and nords of the world.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum