0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: aux sends ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Jul-01  @  08:28 PM   -   aux sends ?

jungreen

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hello
I have got my new mixer and have put my computer to sleep for a while(apart from just now of course). Being used to working in the digital domain I am having a few problems getting my head around the analogue signal paths. I am currently starting to connect up my effects and outboard gear and am a bit confused over the workings of the aux send outputs. There seems to be no return path into the mixer for the six aux outs. Is this normal? I am assuming now that I must tie up six of the input channels with the return signals from the six busses, but I was hoping that someone could maybe shed some light on the subject. As a side subject what effects are most commonly used on the aux busses(multi effects,compressors,reverbs???) and which should be dealt with through the inserts from the built in bantam patchbay.
Any help appreciated.... cheers
jun

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/16                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: aux sends ?

k

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

heh heh

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/16                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: aux sends ?

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

how about a nice DDA ?.. nice mixers and cheap s/h -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/16                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: aux sends ?

influx

holy SHIT!

you must have a BIG ASS ROOM!!!

man theres an A&H GL2200 at ebay right now...droool

Message 14/16                 Date: 03-Aug-01  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: aux sends ?

Milan

actually, its not that huge, i´m working on a 32ch+ 16group one, and the channels are relatively compact and master section is tiny, compared to modern mixers in that class.

Message 15/16                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: aux sends ?

influx

oh! your mixer is bigger!!!! whooooooo 

Message 16/16                 Date: 04-Aug-01  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: aux sends ?

k

and those 6000's are all modular yummy... I used one for a year on one deal I was on in the label's studio - tied in to an MTR90 loverlee desk.. the buttons just 'click' down so nice, everything is so smooth and robust... it's got the dual concentric eq pots if i remember doesn't it? (or was it the aux's ?)

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum