0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: What do YOU use?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-May-00  @  12:05 AM   -   What do YOU use?

pimilk

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just wondering what programs (sequencers) everyone uses to program drum n bass beats/songs.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/16                 Date: 02-Jun-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: What do YOU use?

Rhea

Link?:  Link

You are not alone. I use mostly my MPC for dnb. For everything else my Mac and VST do the trick quite well.

Peace

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/16                 Date: 03-Jun-00  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: What do YOU use?

k

acid?... 'phrase/loop arranger'... primarily, but you can also create custom beats from single-shot drum samples, not just loops

Message 13/16                 Date: 07-Jun-00  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: What do YOU use?

influx

Link?:  Link

gotta add that I know a certain pro who uses acid almost exclusively now for sequencing. I am MAD impressed with that program after watching a pro use it to the fullest extent!

Message 14/16                 Date: 07-Jun-00  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: What do YOU use?

Jasper

acid is also good for live stuff,

you know when someone sees you studio and goes 'can I have a go'

just load up acid and have a folder with about 20 loops that sound good together and leave em to it... in about an hour they have a track that sounds good and they can even take it away with em to show off to.. erm, girls or summit.

Message 15/16                 Date: 07-Jun-00  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: What do YOU use?

o/d

I'm interested in this "fruity loops" thing,where can I get it and is it free?I don't use a pc for anything musical(except for putting samples onto floppies) but is it some sort of sequencer like cubase or is it a drum machine thing with editable mods like rebirth?

Message 16/16                 Date: 08-Jun-00  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: What do YOU use?

syn

fruity dont take mods it just takes samples think of it as a drum machine with samples that can also do loops and trigger notes and more, it excells at being a musical sketch pad for me whole songs end up coming out of it though (gimme fruity and a mike and ill make a whole album!)

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum