0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Piracy calculator

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  01:48 PM   -   Piracy calculator

cheddar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Fear RIAA

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/15                 Date: 15-Sep-05  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

The Moujik

Link?: Link

I totally accept your point; however I think to some extent the facilities are there...

For example, I'm into IDM-ish stuff; Warp's Bleep.com carries a lot of the material I could ever want & with pretty decent quality audio previews. In theory, there should be no reason for anyone to pirate any of this stuff - however, I know huge chunks are available on the newsgroups.

Can there be any other reason than people just don't want to pay for it??

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/15                 Date: 15-Sep-05  @  10:08 AM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

music is overpriced as it is....and bleep.com may offer stuff but where am i gonna hear the new BOC album without buying it? i got into them through downloading and now own all their release (except the mondo rare first eps)- if i download the new one and like it ill buy it- i shouldn't have to pay for it until i know i actually want to own it

greg

Message 13/15                 Date: 15-Sep-05  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

The Moujik

Are you talking about hearing it before it's released, or that you want to listen to the whole thing properly a few times before you decide to buy it?

(BTW I think a lot of the old stuff has been re-released - Twoism & Hi Scores anyway - plus there's the 'A Few Old Tunes' compilation).

Message 14/15                 Date: 15-Sep-05  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

milan

heheheh. i actually took Autechre's last cd back because it was crap, and they took it back!

"i want to exchange this cd"

"whats wrong with it?"

"its crap"

"you know we dont do this usually"

"neither do i, but its really crap, just listen to it!"

lol...

Message 15/15                 Date: 15-Sep-05  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

thats my beef; the industry is getting you to buy before you try- good past releases doesn't mean the new one will be: bands seems to be either like the beatles (album quailty improves over time) or coldplay (album quailty decreases over time) of course there are consistent peeps out there- and the fact that the cd's are overpriced only serves

ive had to essentially lie every time ive takena cd back saying it was a present that was wrong- still doesn't garuntee my money as they usually make me spend it on something else in store- as soon as the industry realise that their method of selling is all wrong (like they don't already!) and change it people will continue to download mp3s......serious music fans (the ones who often account for actual album sales) will generally buy the album after if they like it enough- thats what bands should be striving for- making a cd so good people will £13 to own it even after owning the mp3s- but they are under no such onus- otherwise there would no such thing as 'filler'- cant see them changing soon so im gonna keep trying before i buy- as a chaff filtering process its sooo much cheaper

greg

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum