0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jun-02  @  08:35 PM   -   Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

proximus

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hello,

I would really like to get some thoughts about my new song. Right now I feel it's the best track I've ever made.. and it's probably the last track I make before I'm in the army.

It's chillout.. 5 mins long.

And enjoy a gin & tonic to this. Set volume to level 11.

Oh, the track is called Volumen Seis

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/15                 Date: 15-Jun-02  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

proximus

Link?: Link

yeah, I'm looking forward to that day. War is no good  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/15                 Date: 15-Jun-02  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

xoxos

reminds me of opus 3 style stuff but chill. bedwyr's right, it could use some more notes   nice aesthetic sensibility sir.. the cricket bit was nice volume.

Message 13/15                 Date: 16-Jun-02  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

proximus

thanks xoxos. It probably could need some more notes and I did try, but everything I tried didn't work  

Message 14/15                 Date: 19-Jun-02  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

Paleface

Link?:  No link

Oh yeah, I like this a lot. Works a bit better as a sonic ensemble than some of the earlier tracks - very similar orchestration, say, to Past Times, and it's got that same chord sequence, but it works far better.

I really like this kind of thing - small doses, obviously - but it's really good. A week and I'm back at home in my studio, doing the same hopefully.

And I'm really craving a Nova having heard some of your synth parts...

Message 15/15                 Date: 21-Jun-02  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Enjoy a gin & tonic to this

proximus

Link?:  No link

thanks for the feedback  

I think the nova is excellent, it's my work horse. I have to admit it took a long time before I really started to like it, I guess I was a bit disappointed with the presets when I first got it. You know what they say: easy come easy go

For me it's really really hands-on, some of my patches are made in 20 secs. Just take 3 saw osc. , run them through filter a envelope and add some reverb and delay.. easy  

That is how I made the synth arpeggio in Volumen Seis.

The pad is a edited preset from the Microwave XT.

Some of the windchime sounds are from the nova too.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum