0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-May-02  @  09:10 AM   -   Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

Isham

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Some people say that the future 777 is better and could do the same job as a 303 (for same or less price with a better midi connection...) ?
Any experience ??

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/15                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

isham

I think there is a confusion due certainly to my bad english : what I bought is a tb-303 for 800 $ us from canada.
Even I don't have experience with this toy I think it's working well (I'm gonna change the switches cause some of them are a lilte tricky to program). I received it yesterday...

Does anyone know where to find working pots and a new case (cosmetic defaults...)
I already know www.acid.ch but the price it's too expensive...
Thanks to all and sorry for confusion!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/15                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

boo_meister

Oh, not a 777.   A 303 is actually pretty good for $800 usd. They can go for well over a thousand, esp on ebay. Mine was $900.

Don't know about a new case apart from the cheesy cases you've already found. Maybe the Devilfish or Borg peeps could hook you up with new pots and such?

Message 13/15                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

isham

I found this link maybe it could usefull :
http://www.angelfire.com/il/cyborgzerotech/knobs.html

If someone has experience with this person, don't hesitate to share !

Message 14/15                 Date: 13-Jun-02  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

oldskool303

Yeah Cyborg zer0 seems to be a good guy, he does mods and plastics for old gear, looks like he can do some pretty trick stuff. I am on a mailing list that he is on (AH) and he seems like a sound dude, I asked him before if he could make cases and he said yes. Email him.

Message 15/15                 Date: 21-Jun-02  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Future retro 777 better than 303 ??

Brett

Link?: Link

devilfish is the shit, midi to cv, filter in,distortion, memory upgrade, and colored led's. I saw one go for $2200 on ebay last summer. The mod runs anywhere from $900 to $1500 plus takes two months and there is a waiting list. But it makes the 303 one little nasty machine. There was a Novamod for the 101 which was similar but I missed the cutoff date when he stopped offering it.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum