0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: digital or analog?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Oct-99  @  11:43 PM   -   digital or analog?

mc1674

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am just starting out mixing dance music would i be better useing a digital
or anaolg mixer and what kind would be good?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/15                 Date: 03-Nov-99  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: digital or analog?

mc1674

the sales men in all the big stores
are all trying to sell me digital
the prices are all way over 1,000
it seems like you cant get good advice
from them there just selling what there making the most on. This site is great!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/15                 Date: 04-Nov-99  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: digital or analog?

roller8

Thought it wasn't?  

Message 13/15                 Date: 15-Nov-99  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: digital or analog?

awp3

The new Mackie XDR preamps do make a difference in how the whole board sounds. Both the XLR mic inputs AND the 1/4" bal/unbal inputs go through the same preamps. Signal entering the 1/4" inputs is attenuated then run through the preamps, then into the channel strips. I just replaced my 1604's with the VLZ-PRO and the new version does sound better to me.

The way to get signal into the Mackies without going through the preamps is to go into the inserts, by inserting the jack one click. I don't know why anyone would want to do that though, because the new Mackies are very clean sounding using the XDR preamps.

Message 14/15                 Date: 16-Nov-99  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: digital or analog?

martijn.as

Question for digital mixer users,

I am about to buy a new mixer, but I am not sure wheter to buy a analog or a digital one. The digital mixers in my budget all have almost no rotary knobs for eq, so how do you guys do that? With shift buttons? Does that work convenient? I use eq as a creative part of my music...I would be glad to hear about your experiences..Thanks!

Message 15/15                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: digital or analog?

k

most important:
1. channel mutes DON'T make audible clicks -

2. good mid eq if poss

3. enuff out's to drive your amp, and any required routing to the pc to for example record a stereo synth part as a loop with some added outboard fx (stereo) added & recorded with the synth as part of the whole 'patch/sound'

see MIXERS & MIXING page for what sorta pc recording you can acheive and how with mixers of 2 & 3 aux sends and with and without subgroups etc - check it - in the MIXER section

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum