0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 05-May-04  @  10:26 PM   -   Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

BluStudio

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Looking for some info on desks ^^^^

Ive had little shits in the past (samson 1502, Mackie1202 etc) but went with a rush of blood a few years back and have been routing directly into soundcard, mixing internally and digitally bouncing (001, now 002r and PT)

Ive had a craving for something like in the title for a while, and as the kit has grown again ive gradually run out of inputs from using the 8 ins of the 002 to hooking back up the mackie 1202 to get more in alongside.

I really just want to take the plunge into a sexy big ol analogue desk and get some nice sound/eq

Not fussed about automation and all the digital revolution stuff, simplicity has always been my best friend - Ive seen some Mackie 32/8's with M/b's for sale for about 800-1200 squids, also Soundcrafts and soundtracs for a bit cheaper etc...

Whats the best in its class at this level? whos used/got/owned etc?

Any help?

Blu

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/14                 Date: 07-May-04  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

BluStudio

Link?: Link

I emailed the soundtrac guy a couple days ago, not heard back from him. The used prices of the older stuff seems to vary so much from seller to seller. I got something else lined up instead tho so its all good

blu

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/14                 Date: 07-May-04  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

Influx

seriously take a look at the 200b, man

AMEK wouldnt kill you thats for sure!

me...I would want something with variable high pass eq. essential to me

Message 13/14                 Date: 07-May-04  @  10:35 PM     Edit: 07-May-04  |  10:35 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

BluStudio

that amek , the chair with paint all over it and shit lying on and around the floor just doesnt scream out 'one careful owner' does it?

that CP6800 at the bottom tho, now thats a differnt story.....

Blu

Message 14/14                 Date: 16-May-04  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

sneeder

Link?:  No link

"I love my Mackie 32:8:8. I can use it as a giant distortion box. Its warm.........."

how do you make it distort? (not only by maximizing a channel-fader i think)
is the way to do it by actually raising the preamp gain to maximum level? (and then having the channel-fader at a suitable, lower, level (really low?!) to get a solid output volume on the channel and good balance in the mix)
if thats so, dont you get a lot of awful background noises from the preamp then?

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum