0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nord 2 vs Nord 3

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-02  @  02:47 PM   -   Nord 2 vs Nord 3

Coal Slag

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have heard somewhere that the Nord 2 sounds more raw than the Nord 3. I would think they sound exactly alike. Dose anyone here own both? Is it worth owning both? Do they sound that diffrent? Am I all wet?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/14                 Date: 12-May-02  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Nord 2 vs Nord 3

chris

Link?:  Link

I really like my NL3 keyboard, but I never tried a NL1 or 2 to compare.

Perhaps it doesn't have that 'raw' edge, but that's not necessarily what everybody's after.

The presets veer towards the FM side of things, but I've had some pretty *dirty* sounds out of it.

The user interface is one of the best I've used. Dead easy to knock together new patches - much quicker than say my Supernova2, but perhaps not as comprehensive in the mod matrix end of things. on the NL3, you pick the destination for the mod source. On most of my other kit, you choose which mod source you want to affect the parameter you're dealing with (a la Supernova2).

Depends what you want from the machine I guess.

Chris

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/14                 Date: 21-May-02  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Nord 2 vs Nord 3

Fusion

Please dont bring the supernova into this

I have one of them little micro modular's, just so i could have a bit of the nord sound in my tracks (i used one in college and fell in love). The bugger is hard to program but i love it (just like i do my supernova). I was also thinking of getting a lead 2 key's (used), but i can get an oberheim OB-12 with about the same amount of knobs as the lead 3's for the same price. Handy for soft synths/samplers.

it's so competitive i could go on for hours

Virus rack £549 Micro Q £549 Micro Lite £449
Kstation £479

Fusion ;0)

Message 13/14                 Date: 21-May-02  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Nord 2 vs Nord 3

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link

I have heard bad reports about the OB-12. No one is buying them and now they are £499 from Turnkey.

I would stick to the Lead2 ... it's a classic. And the sounds are just amazing... no need for effects, just leave it raw.

Message 14/14                 Date: 23-May-02  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Nord 2 vs Nord 3

Fusion

i know but i really need a keyboard and the sound on sound review was quite good, although it could of been some 90 year old house wife reviewing it (no offence to 90 year old house wives tho). Ive also loked at some of the previous comments on it here at dt and varoius fourms, suppose i really need to play it, i tryed my local dawsons for a demo at no avail so i e-mailed oberheim who are tyring to sort somthing out with turnkey to mabe send me one for evaluation. Ill put up another post on synth main

Cheers

Fusion 

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum