0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: processing indiv. tracks offline

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 23-Nov-01  @  06:28 PM   -   processing indiv. tracks offline

Ghost

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hey all.....

sometimes I'll open up individual tracks in my wave editor to reduce noise or do some roll-off, but I usually leave compression to when I'm mixing all my tracks together in VST....

is there any problem with doing compression (like, for punchiness of drum tracks) offline, or is there a need to adjust the compression of indiv. tracks while listening to the whole mix?

I'm trying to save my CPU for more fun stuff.....

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/14                 Date: 28-Nov-01  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: processing indiv. tracks offline

Ghost

Link?: Link

cool... that's a good way to keep it organized...

thanks all!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/14                 Date: 12-Dec-01  @  10:35 AM   -   Compression

eigled

Link?:  No link

Hello Folks.

Name the absolute best compressor for beats. Until now i have used plugins compressor.Should i go for outbord things like focusrite/Avelon/Dbx to get the warm good house compression. I am running Motu 2408 with Digital performer and a G4 mac. Thanks a lot.

Eirik

Message 13/14                 Date: 12-Dec-01  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: processing indiv. tracks offline

k

Link?:  No link

also try the daVE brown compressor (DB_audioware ?) it's in the Samples/file library as far as I know anyways, he does other plugins too which are also there... VERY VERY light compressor yet very good, it's the lightest running compressor of them all that i've tested and has very fast latency compared to the vst dynamic's section.

Also we added a compressor page from the super-destroy people.. I aint tried it yet, but it looks small & like it could run very light

most compression jobs in the mix in s/w dont require a rediculous bloated compressor soft, just something basic.

Message 14/14                 Date: 12-Dec-01  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: processing indiv. tracks offline

influx

Link?:  Link

name the best compressor? there is no best compressor

joemeek SC2 has a great sound for breaks. the original not the reissue.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum