0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: The Power of the E3

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Sep-01  @  08:18 AM   -   The Power of the E3

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just got an E3xs into the studio. Holy shit what a machine. For those of you that have never used one, let me just say that I have never ever in my life encountered a sampler that plays back sound better than the original source tone. Normally a sampled tone sounds sampled, and the original tone just sounds a little cleaner and nicer. This is the exception to that rule. built a kick in my Q and sampled it into the E3, and it came out sound bigger, thicker and punchier from the E3 than from the Q, without any eq'ing, or processing. Never seen or heard anything like it. I'm in shock. You folks have to track these things down and check them out. No bells or whistles, like effects and toys, etc.. This thing is strictly business. I'll do a full review later, just a quick note to clue you folks in.

Ape

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/14                 Date: 24-Sep-01  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

steve

Link?:  No link

xp was all digital too, even had digital inputs only. Must be an e3 classic if its keys unless it was some prototype or summat.

the geek that I am.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/14                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

influx

oops. he said XS not XP.

well Rtek..you and pongoid can bang it out.

Message 13/14                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

Pongoid

Link?: Link

sure enough, looks like I did get the digital filters. Sounds sick though. Xs has analog sample inputs, and space for more memory and samples.

Ape

Message 14/14                 Date: 25-Sep-01  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: The Power of the E3

influx

shall we look up the old "analog v. digital" threads? 

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum